Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Scores differences?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Scores differences?

Ok so on credit karma my scores are 525 and 527. On credit wise (through capital one) it is 532, and through credit check total they are 590, 587, and 590. Why the vast differences?! Which one to trust most?
4 REPLIES 4
redbeard
Frequent Contributor

Re: Scores differences?

Trust the one that whoever you are borrowing money from uses. Anything else isn't trustworthy.

Truth is, with your current scores, it probably doesn't matter much. You have a couple of things on your reports that you need to work on. Work on those, after that, the scores will start to count. In essence, just remember that the score is based on the credit report and the credit report should be consistent between them all. Fix that.

For tracking / planning purposes, you can use any scoring method you want, just use it consistently, don't shop different systems to get the best score, it won't help. For loan application purposes, get a copy of your FICO scores.

Dan
Just trying to get my scores to rise from the dead......

Wait.... I think I just heard a heartbeat!

Message 2 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Trust Creditchecktotal. Those are Fico 08 scores. Credit Karma and Creditwise are both Vantage scores which very few lenders use
Message 3 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thank y'all!
Message 4 of 5
RonM21
Valued Contributor

Agreed. CCT are Fico's and those are going to be the ones that are used most.

Total CL: $321.7kUTL: 2%AAoA: 7.0yrsBaddies: 0Other: Lease, Loan, *No Mortgage, All Inq's from Jun '20 Car Shopping

BoA-55k | NFCU-45k | AMEX-42k | DISC-40.6k | PENFED-38.4k | LOWES-35k | ALLIANT-25k | CITI-15.7k | BARCLAYS-15k | CHASE-10k

Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.