cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Scores look good, want to apply but credigy recieveables is a gnat i cannot get rid of...help.

tag
HornsFan
Valued Member

Scores look good, want to apply but credigy recieveables is a gnat i cannot get rid of...help.

My scores are up to par but on my experian report I have a account from an old discover card i had which went to collections years back. I opened the card in 2000 i believe, i'll have to dig up paperwork in a bit. well after changing hands to different agencies its gone to Credigy recieveables and they are reporting on Experian: Account seriously past due date/account assigned to attorney, collection agency, or credit grantor's internal collection department: 90+ days late 6 times (Nov 2007, Sep 2007, Aug 2007, Apr 2007, Apr 2006, Feb 2006) $6,311 Now Ive disputed this and tried to get it off but they keep confirming it. my scores are high and i want to apply for some new cards since i have only one card open now, but dont want to waste the hits if this is going to deny my approval. please guide me. I want an Amex blue card and from what ive read they pull experian. Ive applied for the Amex blue on january 28th but was denied to to another collection devil LVNV funding. I PIF that account and it is being reported as settled now...when they sent me the info on why i was denied they just said due to LVNV and didnt mention Credigy. Should I reapply or what? I last applied on 1/28/2008 and my scores are drastically improved. Thanks in advance! Nate
MyFico l Equi - 784 l Exp - 752 l Trans - 786

[as of 7/13/2008]
Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Scores look good, want to apply but credigy recieveables is a gnat i cannot get rid of...help.

What is the DOFD on the CO discover card?   This will be on your CR (look for the drop date)  or call the CRAs and ask when it will drop.

I would not reapply

Message Edited by HappyDays on 07-13-2008 01:17 PM
Message 2 of 7
HornsFan
Valued Member

Re: Scores look good, want to apply but credigy recieveables is a gnat i cannot get rid of...help.

its weird...ive already had it deleted off my transunion and my equifax but not my experian. On an old transunion report i have printed out it said the card was closed 4/2001. date placed for collection was 12/2002. and item will be removed 10/2007. Now this is Transunion..i cant find anything from experian from this date but shouldn't they all be the same? i haven't paid them a cent since, no activity at all...Im in texas by the way. edit: Experian report i have says the account was placed on collections with experian on 12/1/2002 it stems from a discover card i had way back, i opened the card 5/1999 it closed 5/2001..a experian report from 3/4/2007 is saying that it will stay on file until aug 2007....is there some monkey business going on that credigy is doing that im unaware of? After disputing it april 18 2007 i got correspondence from experian that it was verified and updated and now is on schedule to remain on record until july 2012. damnit credigy! please help! Thanks in advance Nate. Message Edited by HornsFan on 07-13-2008 01:48 PM

Message Edited by HornsFan on 07-13-2008 01:51 PM

[as of 7/13/2008]
Message 3 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

They sometimes have a slight different CRTP. I have no idea why. Look on you CR (not monitoring service)  all the way to the right....will remain on CR until  month/year.  If you can't find it  call EX and ask what the drop date is.

If they can't tell you say TY & goodby

Then send in a dispute please delete as *obsolete*     please mail me an updated credit report at the addy listed above (make sure that you put you name addy & SS # on the letter)     

If they do not delete send them an ITS letter an file a complaint with the FTC   www.ftc.gov

DO not do this online. send it by fax or CMRRR
Message 4 of 7
HornsFan
Valued Member

well i applied online for the amex blue mainly cause i couldn't help myself and they approved it so we'll see if they actually send it! in any case i do need to get on credigy and go toe to toe with them...i hate rebuyers of debt trying to bully... nate

[as of 7/13/2008]
Message 5 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Credigy has been haunting me too.  They do not budge and will not negotiate any reasonable settlement
Message 6 of 7
upinflagstaff
Frequent Contributor

I had huge Credigy balances showing on my CRs. They had inflated the original balances to somewhere around four to five times the original balances and were showing duplicate balances in some areas. I sent a nice letter to the CRAs indicating that not only did it appear they were trying to double collect, but I was questioning whether any of the balances showing could be valid based on the double entries. I notified the CRAs that it appeared that Credigy could be fraudulently attempting to collect on accounts I had already paid to another CA ($1400).
This was in 2006 before I really starting reading this board. I haven't seen Credigy on my reports since.
Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.