Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sears/LVNV

tag
almost_there
Regular Contributor

Sears/LVNV

Hi there,

I have an old Sears account that has become an LVNV account.  LVNV is still reporting.  It's due to come off my credit report next year, but I'm hoping to get around that, so I can excellerate my plan to buy a home this year.  Sears is comletely off my report.  I was wondering if Sears would still have me in their records.  If I call them up and they can't find my records would they send a letter to LVNV asking them to remove the collection from my reports?  Also, does anyone know why LVNV doesn't show up in the CA section of your credit reports?  Mine shows up as an installment account.

Thanks.
11/2013 FICO: 517 (TU), 560 (EX), 539 (EQ)
11/2013 FAKO: 593 (TU), 591 (EX), 595 (EQ)
Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Sears/LVNV

NO...if they SOLD the account to LVNV Funding...which they did...they own the account...and they will still report...and you have to deal with them...LVNV Funding's policy is...after they receive payment...they don't verify after a dispute....and the TL gets deleted...you can try that...some have had success with it...
Message 2 of 5
almost_there
Regular Contributor

So are they open to negotiating a payment then?  The amount owed is $734 which is way more than the original debt.  If I offer to pay $250 for instance, will they take that?  Then I could dispute, they won't verify, and it gets deleted?  Are these people reasonable to deal with or on the nasty side?Thanks.
Message 3 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

I have a collection from LVNV Funding...I called a few months ago...to just pay...and see if they would PFD...the lady I talked to was so rude...and nasty...I was ready to get off the phone...she said they were going to send me verification...and they would settle for half...I'm just telling you...what I've read recently from previous posters...and their experiences with LVNV Funding...
Message 4 of 5
almost_there
Regular Contributor

Okay, got it.  Thanks.  I'll update when/if I make any progress. 
Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.