Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Second DV?

tag
Kennie02
Frequent Contributor

Second DV?

I have been trying to work on DH's CR. I got a letter from a CA in July to which I responded with a DV. I have not received a response since. Should I sent another DV? What is the appropriate next step? TIA

NFCU cash $25k | BofA Custom Cash $25k | Amex BCP $18k| Costco Anywhere $14.5k | Apple Card $5.25k | Cap One QS $4.5k | Sephora Visa $4k | Discover It $3.5k | Citi DC $3.5k | Citi AA Mile Up $3.1k | Chase Amazon $3k | Amex ED $3k | Chase IHG $3k | Chase Freedom Unlimited $2.5k | Chase Freedom $2.5k | Citi Rewards $2k | Last HP 8/16/22
Starting score 09/2013: 530 Current FICO 8:
Credit Age:
New Accounts:
Inq (6/12/24M):
Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Second DV?

No, do not send another DV. The next step is to wait.

The DV does not require them to 'respond', it ONLY requires them to stop collection activity, until the debt is validated and they must notify you when the validation is done. There is no time limit imposed on the CA for this process.

Message 2 of 4
Kennie02
Frequent Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

The DV does not require them to 'respond', it ONLY requires them to stop collection activity, until the debt is validated and they must notify you when the validation is done. There is no time limit imposed on the CA for this process.

Ok. It sounds like we could be waiting for a while. I should then check his CR to ensure the acct is not listed since that would indicate collection activity, right?

NFCU cash $25k | BofA Custom Cash $25k | Amex BCP $18k| Costco Anywhere $14.5k | Apple Card $5.25k | Cap One QS $4.5k | Sephora Visa $4k | Discover It $3.5k | Citi DC $3.5k | Citi AA Mile Up $3.1k | Chase Amazon $3k | Amex ED $3k | Chase IHG $3k | Chase Freedom Unlimited $2.5k | Chase Freedom $2.5k | Citi Rewards $2k | Last HP 8/16/22
Starting score 09/2013: 530 Current FICO 8:
Credit Age:
New Accounts:
Inq (6/12/24M):
Message 3 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Kennie02 wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Ok. It sounds like we could be waiting for a while. I should then check his CR to ensure the acct is not listed since that would indicate collection activity, right?

The answer to that question is somewhat unclear. Some say yes, some say no.

Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.