Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Secured Card Closed account Dispute

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Secured Card Closed account Dispute

I had a secured credit card from nuvision financial credit union for $500 that I opened in 2014 and closed it in Dec, 2018 After I had other meaningful and unsecured cards I decided to close this account. It currently shows on my credit report as closed with 0 balance. The issue is I did have 1 late/missed payment in Jan Of 2018. I wanted to dispute this account since the late payment is affecting my scores. How should I proceed? Should I dispute to have the account completely deleted, should I contact the bank/creditor? Any help would be appreciated.
Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
Brian_Earl_Spilner
Credit Mentor

Re: Secured Card Closed account Dispute

Talk on how to game the system is not allowed here. If it's legitimate, it shouldn't be disputed. If you try and fail, you'll never be able to dispute it again, even if a true error pops up.

Message 2 of 3
FireMedic1
Community Leader
Mega Contributor

Re: Secured Card Closed account Dispute

Your best bet is start sending GW letters and ask for deletion. Disputing an accurate listing is a waste of time. It will always come back as accurate. Start looking for administrative addresses and e-mails and start sending them out. Here s a great thread that explians the procedure. Good Luck!

https://ficoforums.myfico.com/t5/Rebuilding-Your-Credit/The-Saturation-Technique-Best-GW-adjustment-...

Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.