Not applicable

Re: Secured credit card with no Credit Check

Thank you.
Message 11 of 20
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:
Thanks for this info. I actually called SDFCU yesterday and they advised that membership is required for their secured card. In order to become a member you must work for a State or Fed government employer or be related to someone who does. I don't qualify under either. Do you know any way around this?

American Consumer Council, $5 to join.

Message 12 of 20
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks again...I'll research further but I'm still leary.  They perform a hard credit pull. Smiley Sad

Message 13 of 20
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

Thanks again...I'll research further but I'm still leary.  They perform a hard credit pull. Smiley Sad

Why is that an issue? I got in with low 500 scores. People get way too shy of inquiries. They are a necessary part of rebuilding.

Message 14 of 20
Anonymous
Not applicable

currently in process of obtaining a home mortgage and need to be mindful of such.  I'm looking for another open revolving credit line to boost my score.  Inquiries can stay on CR for up to 2 years.  

Message 15 of 20
Anonymous
Not applicable

I secured a mortgage with more than a dozen inquiries on one CRA. They simply are not the big deal people make them out to be.

Opening another revolving line, depending on what you currently have on your file, may very well lower your score. How many active open accounts do you have?

Message 16 of 20
Anonymous
Not applicable

only have one other secured card but 2 car loans in good standing.

Message 17 of 20
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

currently in process of obtaining a home mortgage and need to be mindful of such.  I'm looking for another open revolving credit line to boost my score.  Inquiries can stay on CR for up to 2 years.  

If thats the case then you don't want to be adding new accounts *at all*

Message 18 of 20
Anonymous
Not applicable

Well I actually spoke w/ the mortgage rep who advised me to hurry and open another credit card account (without a Credit inquiry) in order to boost credit score for better mortgage interest rate.

Message 19 of 20
Anonymous
Not applicable

I would recommend applying for either of these three cards:

1. Merrick Secured Visa Card
  2. Primor Secured Visa Gold Card
  3. OpenSky Secured Visa     

No credit check is required for approval. They all have reasonable rates.

And they do report to the three major national credit bureaus.

If you are looking to find more details, here is the link:

https://effectify.com/blog/secured-credit-cards/best-secured-credit-cards-no-credit-check/

Message 20 of 20
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.