Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Security Credit Services / PenFed Settled

tag
Red1Blue
Super Contributor

Security Credit Services / PenFed Settled

I had an old CO account with PenFed and they sold it to Security Credit Services. Today I called them and made a settlement and paid them. They should be removing it off my credit report soon. I have to follow up with them tomorrow. This is the last collection listed on my report. After this report should be free of collections. Now working settling some of the COs and get them out of the way. It is a long hard journey. Taking one day at a time. Thank you very much for support from all you on this forum.

9 REPLIES 9
recoveringfrombk7
Established Contributor

Re: Security Credit Services / PenFed Settled

@Red1Blue wrote:

I had an old CO account with PenFed and they sold it to Security Credit Services. Today I called them and made a settlement and paid them. They should be removing it off my credit report soon. I have to follow up with them tomorrow. This is the last collection listed on my report. After this report should be free of collections. Now working settling some of the COs and get them out of the way. It is a long hard journey. Taking one day at a time. Thank you very much for support from all you on this forum.

Great job!

Desired BK recovery line up complete 7/12/2021. Planning to garden until 8/2023 and potentially try for AMEX.
Message 2 of 10
AllZero
Mega Contributor

Congratulations on your success!

Message 3 of 10
BmoreBull
Established Contributor

Congrats and nice job. 

Starting Fico Scores:November 2019

Current Fico Scores: January 6, 2021
Goal Scores: 700 across all three
Message 4 of 10
CreditAngel
Valued Member

Any succes with Security Credit Service deletion request? I am trying to find information on Security Credit Service.
Message 5 of 10
Red1Blue
Super Contributor

@CreditAngel wrote:

Any succes with Security Credit Service deletion request? I am trying to find information on Security Credit Service.

They removed it from all 3 Reports as promised. I have no problems or complains about them.

Message 6 of 10
H2OMAN

Congratulations- I'm about to do the same thing.  Just curious, did they settle for a lesser amount or did you pay 100% of monies owed?

Did you specifically request a pfd? New at this, not trying to pry but any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Josh

Message 7 of 10
Red1Blue
Super Contributor

@H2OMAN wrote:

Congratulations- I'm about to do the same thing.  Just curious, did they settle for a lesser amount or did you pay 100% of monies owed?

Did you specifically request a pfd? New at this, not trying to pry but any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Josh

I don't remember all details. It was last year about this time. I think I paid about 30% - 40% of what I owed. They removed the collection from all 3 reports in about 2 weeks. They seem to be prertty easy to work with. No hanky panky. Make the payment and request removal and it is done.

Message 8 of 10
H2OMAN

Thank you for the info, truly appreciate it!

Message 9 of 10
Red1Blue
Super Contributor

@H2OMAN wrote:

Thank you for the info, truly appreciate it!

You can make an offer 20% and see what they say. Good Luck.

Message 10 of 10
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.