Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Seeing the light....

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Seeing the light....

HI, i am new to MyFico forums and want to say just reading some of the posts I have used some of the advice given to others. So here is a background to my situation. Ill try and keep it as short as possible. In 2011 I was going through a divorce and during the divorce was laid off. The divorce i was ordered to pay 1800$ a month plus 600 a month child support and some of my ex's medical debt . Being unemployed and 2400 a month not including regular living expenses fell behind very quickly. My ex turned me in for falling behind in support. I filed Ch 13 for protection to reorganize but with all the debt payment was over 1000$ and couldnt keep up negotiated a settlement with her , had the 13 dismissed and 3 month later filed another 13 for the rest of the debt which cut the payment in half but the engine and tranny blew out on my car which was included so my lawyer advised to disiss this one also and do a ch7 which i did. 

now my stuation and looking for advice . CH 7 discharged 10/2016 credit scores then low 400's , credit i have now is 

First access Visa - 350 - 0 balance 

First Premier - 700 - 0$ balance 

First Premier CC - 825 $  -25$ balance 

Cap 1 Plat -  500 limit - 0 balance 

DIscover IT  secured 2500 limit - 0 balance (just aproved) 

Car loan CPS - 11000 balance - 19% interest - 2 lates 14 months ago clean since , attempting GW on the lates . 

2 student loans for my daughter - 6000 and 235-- issue is i  was not notified when payments were supposed , (as she had to withdraw in 2017 for a serous med issue) to start 7 lates each up to 150 days , i did get forbearance and deferment as she is back in school. I did a GW letter for the lates still waiting to hear back and also paid the small loan off in full. I acknowledged it was my fault for not checking myself and took responsibility hopefully that helps. 

Question, is it possible to get the 2 ch13 removed as they were dismissed intentionally? 

also have a car loan  on my reports from my ex that was totaled in an accident that had a small balance and was picked up in my BK.  - DIspute ? 

and the loan for my vehicle included , but this is reporting 18 months of Charge offs and the BK. payments were made by the trustee - should i dispute ? 

score now are 

TU -599, EQ -602 ,Ex -622 ,, my goal is other than eventually getting over 700 to buy a home after my 2 yr discharge date in oct -2018 

Looking for advice from anyone on what else i can do to improve my scores / chances to purchase a home 

thanks and sorry for the long post hopefuly it helps understand where my issues came from, 

TJ

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Seeing the light....

IMO the best ingredients for higher scores are time, low utility and on time payments. 

Also, as far as disputing the dismissed ch13, even though they were intentional, they are accurate. There is no difference with voluntary vs involuntary as it applies to your credit report.

Since you have a ch7 as well, I would personally just let them age off naturally. 

Message 2 of 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Seeing the light....

Thanks for the advice. I assumed that what I would need to do but doesn't hurt to ask. Want to add theseforums have been very helpful I have learned alot so far and using that to advise/teach my kids about credit as they start to build.

Thanks,

Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.