Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Seeking rebuilding advice!

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Seeking rebuilding advice!

Hello Everyone! I've been in a rebuilding process for 6 months now, and I'm wondering if I could acquire some guidance from the community guidance from the community! This will be a stringently detailed overview, so I apologize in advanced.

I will be turning 25 in November and I'm hoping to secure a loan on acerage for a home this time next year. Back in January of this year I started checking on my credit only to realize that my fathers credit reports (who has very poor credit) had blended with mine I assume because of having similar names. After reading extinsvely on this forum I submitted letters to all three bureaus asking to remove the inaccurate items with success on all three. My scores went form 504 EX, 515 EQ, and 541 TU in January to 615 EX, 609 EQ and 610 TU. All scores were in the 620s last week but I closed a capital one secured credit card and they dropped from that. I am currently a member at Navy federal as I am a service member. My current accounts are a Navy federal CC with a 5500 CL and currently a balance of 2500, a Personal loan from navy federal that I've had for 4 years, the same length as my card, that has a 1600 balance left from the original 7700.

A personal loan with a small hometown company that I've had since 18 I was using to establish credit but realized it hurt more than helped because every time I've renewed it reset the life of the loan showing as a new account. I have quite a few baddies from a situation on my first deployment where I left my at the time fiancè to manage bills. Needless to say things happened there I returned home to nothing and a lot of debt/missed payments. These include two charge offs, a repo, and a separate 90 day late payment on the capital one secured card I just closed. The charge off was an ATV through Honda that had 4 missed payments, when I returned home they had t yet repossessed it but when I tried to make the payments they wouldn't accept anything less that the loan payoff (7600) that I couldn't afford so I had no choice but to allow it to be repossessed. The car was the same scenario except they had already taken possession of the car when I returned.

My secured credit card which was maxed (200 limit) and already charged off. Then the capital one payment which I was able to pay on full and they kept the card open. All of this occurred in 2014. So really what I'm seeking is Reccomendationas on what I should do as far as my current accounts, starting any new accounts, and any ideas on how to handle the baddies on my report? My goal now is within 6 months raise my score 25-50 points and hopefully 51-75 in a year. Thanks in advanced to everyone!

1 REPLY 1
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Seeking rebuilding advice!

@Anonymous wrote:

Hello Everyone! I've been in a rebuilding process for 6 months now, and I'm wondering if I could acquire some guidance from the community guidance from the community! This will be a stringently detailed overview, so I apologize in advanced.

I will be turning 25 in November and I'm hoping to secure a loan on acerage for a home this time next year. Back in January of this year I started checking on my credit only to realize that my fathers credit reports (who has very poor credit) had blended with mine I assume because of having similar names. After reading extinsvely on this forum I submitted letters to all three bureaus asking to remove the inaccurate items with success on all three. My scores went form 504 EX, 515 EQ, and 541 TU in January to 615 EX, 609 EQ and 610 TU. All scores were in the 620s last week but I closed a capital one secured credit card and they dropped from that. I am currently a member at Navy federal as I am a service member. My current accounts are a Navy federal CC with a 5500 CL and currently a balance of 2500, a Personal loan from navy federal that I've had for 4 years, the same length as my card, that has a 1600 balance left from the original 7700.

A personal loan with a small hometown company that I've had since 18 I was using to establish credit but realized it hurt more than helped because every time I've renewed it reset the life of the loan showing as a new account. I have quite a few baddies from a situation on my first deployment where I left my at the time fiancè to manage bills. Needless to say things happened there I returned home to nothing and a lot of debt/missed payments. These include two charge offs, a repo, and a separate 90 day late payment on the capital one secured card I just closed. The charge off was an ATV through Honda that had 4 missed payments, when I returned home they had t yet repossessed it but when I tried to make the payments they wouldn't accept anything less that the loan payoff (7600) that I couldn't afford so I had no choice but to allow it to be repossessed. The car was the same scenario except they had already taken possession of the car when I returned.

My secured credit card which was maxed (200 limit) and already charged off. Then the capital one payment which I was able to pay on full and they kept the card open. All of this occurred in 2014. So really what I'm seeking is Reccomendationas on what I should do as far as my current accounts, starting any new accounts, and any ideas on how to handle the baddies on my report? My goal now is within 6 months raise my score 25-50 points and hopefully 51-75 in a year. Thanks in advanced to everyone!

Welcome to the board Smiley Happy

You may be able to get some remedy from the banks if you were deployed overseas there are laws that protect you when you are.

The way to go after the lates in good accounts are with a GW letter asking that they be removed,  http://ficoforums.myfico.com/t5/Rebuilding-Your-Credit/GW-letter-Q-amp-A-Examples-and-GW-Success-Stories/td-p/1573680

For COed accounts you would attempt the PFD but its real hard to get with an OC and you still would want to settle even if you cannot get such espcially if they are updating monthly as that is keeping your Fico score depressed.

You will need at minimum 3 open credit cards to drive your score during the rebuild. You already have open installment loans so a share secured rebuilder isnt necessary. You also want to drive that balance down to under 10% on the Navy card to help raise Fico as well.

Message 2 of 2
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.