Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Self Loan done!!

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Self Loan done!!

A year ago I could not have imagined today. Self loan $1k done. Self helped me rebuild while my student loans were being rehabbed so that I'd have an installment reporting. Once they came online two months ago, the loan became redundant. Now I'm $1k richer. 

thanks self loan. RIP self loan.

A3D808F3-98A6-4C0B-B5E6-4183B0E99CF5.jpeg

13 REPLIES 13
AllZero
Mega Contributor

Re: Self Loan done!!

Congratulations on your success!
Message 2 of 14
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

Well done, enjoy your success!
Message 3 of 14
CYBERSAM
Senior Contributor

Congrats! Awesome job on rebuild 👍👍

Message 4 of 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats on paying it off ! Smiley Happy

Message 5 of 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous Awesome, very nice!! I did mine for $500 and paid it off earlier this summer. So great to get the cash when it was over and they sent it to me super fast!! Self is such a totally painless way to build some history and some savings with zero hassle. Have fun spending/investing/saving the $1K!!! Smiley LOL

Message 6 of 14
OmarGB9
Community Leader
Super Contributor

Grats!

Last App: 1/10/2023
Penfed Gold Visa Card

Currently rebuilding as of 04/11/2019.

Starting FICO 8 Scores:

Current FICO 8 scores:

Message 7 of 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats! I'm new here and I've been trying to rebuild my credit for the last few months now. I've been thinking about signing up for  self, but I'm nervous it might lower my score even more. Could you tell me about your experience? How much did your score improve? Thank you in advance.. And congrats again!!

Message 8 of 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

A year ago I could not have imagined today. Self loan $1k done. Self helped me rebuild while my student loans were being rehabbed so that I'd have an installment reporting. Once they came online two months ago, the loan became redundant. Now I'm $1k richer. 

thanks self loan. RIP self loan.

A3D808F3-98A6-4C0B-B5E6-4183B0E99CF5.jpeg

Congrats!

I finished mine last month for $500! I wish I had thought things out a little better about the SL rehab lol I got the Self loan before rehabbing my SLs, so I still have 3-4 more months to go before those are completed. Thankfully, they still have 1 payment left reporting and I get 1 more moment of a better score before I lose credit mix for a few months. I think it will hurt to watch my scores go back down, but I came this far, and just need to wait a few more months for the SLs to kick in and hopefully pick my scores back up!

Again, congrats and enjoy your cash!

Message 9 of 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous welcome to the community! In my experience  I can honestly say I believe I would not be where I am today without my SELF loan. It was an amazing tool. If you don't have an installment loan currently, than it's a no-brainer to sign up and get it reporting. If you already have an installment loan reporting then you don't need it. As far as scores IMHO who cares if they drop a few points initially (if they drop) it makes up for it quickly. I did the $500 loan and SELF was awesome! My scores are in the 720's-730's now after starting my build from zero last August. I look forward to seeing you around the boards and keep us in the loop with your progress!

Message 10 of 14
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.