cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Selflender Credit card (no credit check)

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Selflender Credit card (no credit check)

That's really helpful feedback! I appreciate your taking the time to share it. ...

Message 21 of 43
Anonymous
Not applicable

I just spoke to Cassandra through the live chat option regarding raising my credit limit. She responded immediately, professionally, and was personable. I will keep this card even after my credit is built back up. Most lenders to people with sub-par credit are predatory. I am honestly impressed. Kudos.
Message 22 of 43
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thank you so much for sharing that (and for being a customer!). I will pass it on. ...

Message 23 of 43
Anonymous
Not applicable

That is accurate. You have to make so many payments before you see the offer for the Self credit card. I have a little over $170 in that account and I just got the offer for the card last month.

Message 24 of 43
Anonymous
Not applicable

Since there were previous comments about the credit limit in this thread, I thought I'd update that we're now automatically notifying people who have a Self Visa credit card when they are eligible to increase their credit limit. They will see the alert in the app or in their account on the web. Here's a link to our short FAQ about it.

Message 25 of 43
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

That's really helpful feedback! I appreciate your taking the time to share it. ...

I also wanted to get the secured CC, but decided against it because I felt like because I only did the small $5xx loan that I would be stuck with a small limit and I saw no mention of being able to add to it with further payments, graduating, or getting CLIs, so I have at this point decided to hold off and wait until I finish this SL loan, do a second SL loan for the larger amount, wait til the end of the loan, and get the larger CL.

If you are saying this is not necessary, I would much rather go ahead with your CC and work towards a higher CL by CLIs or using more of my SL loan to back it (or of course by option of potentially graduating). I just didnt want a CC stuck at $100 CL.

Also because of this, my SO took the largest loan to get the highest CL at the end of the loan, but again, if the above mentioned options are possible, I will tell him to go ahead with getting the SL CC, as there are options to grow with it without having to wait til the end of the loan to be able to get maximum benefits.

Any feedback would be great, thx!

Edit: to follow up, I read the FAQs link you posted about increasing the CL, but it still does leave me stuck on if I should wait until I complete this smaller SL loan and work on a second one for the highest possible CL (at this time). Would the funds from the second one be able to be applied towards the CL from the first SL loan? Or again, would there be options to graduate to an unsecured card (entirely) or unsecured CLIs (in addition to the secured funds)?

Again, thx!

Message 26 of 43
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thank you for sharing your decision-making process; it's helpful for us to understand how we can improve the product and our communication about it.

To confirm, it's possible to increase the CLI as you progress in the credit-builder account (assuming it stays in good standing, etc.) and you'd be able to see that in your account dashboard. We are working on enabling customers to apply the savings progress in their second (third, etc.) loan to the security deposit and therefore credit limit on their existing Self card. Unfortunately, I can't give an exact timeline for the release.

We have had requests for unsecured credit limit increases and fully graduating to unsecured, but I can't offer you more concrete information on those options at the moment.

Thanks again for your feedback (and for being a customer)! 

Message 27 of 43
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

Thank you for sharing your decision-making process; it's helpful for us to understand how we can improve the product and our communication about it.

To confirm, it's possible to increase the CLI as you progress in the credit-builder account (assuming it stays in good standing, etc.) and you'd be able to see that in your account dashboard. We are working on enabling customers to apply the savings progress in their second (third, etc.) loan to the security deposit and therefore credit limit on their existing Self card. Unfortunately, I can't give an exact timeline for the release.

We have had requests for unsecured credit limit increases and fully graduating to unsecured, but I can't offer you more concrete information on those options at the moment.

Thanks again for your feedback (and for being a customer)! 

Thank you for the feedback! That definitely helps me make a decision!

I must say that it is great that you are so commited to your company to answer these questions, I truly appreciate it! Both me and my SO have truly enjoyed your product thus far and very much look forward to continue growing with your company!

Message 28 of 43
financialfreedom777
Regular Contributor

I wish you guys could extend your credit card offer to Puerto Rico Smiley Sad  :-(

Starting Score: 12/18/2019 EQ 601 | TU 614 | EX 596
Current Score after recent fall from grace: 02/8/2023 EQ 647 | TU 660 | EX 663
Goal Score: 780

Message 29 of 43
Anonymous
Not applicable

I just recieved the invite about a week ago.  I am waiting on the card to come in the mail, I agree it is a great starter card and I was glad not to have a HP on my credit.  

Message 30 of 43
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.