cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sent DV, this is the response I got, what now?

tag
lovemybabiesx2
Valued Member

Sent DV, this is the response I got, what now?

Okay sent a DV, because we honestly didnt' know what this debt is for...we do now =) and it is valid, however, where to we proceed from here? 

copy of lette on their Letter Headr:

JC Christensen & Associates:

TO ; correct name, correct mailing address (ours)

Original Creditor: CREDIT ONE BANK, N.A.

Client: RESURGENT CAPITAL SERVICES LP Merchant: Regarding: (correct acct#)

Current Creditor: LVNV Funding LLC

Amount Owed: $885.85 Account Number: (CA acct #)

BALANCE CONFIRMATION
This notice will serve as confirmation that the balance due to our client, RESURGENT CAPITAL SERVICES LP is $885.85. This balance is correct as of August 17, 2011. Should you have any questions, please contact a JCC representative at the number below.

Sincerely,

CA contact # & Reps name

***Okay so i called the number to discuss if I could do a PIF for a delete, she says they are NOT authorized to do so, however, they ARE authorized to take a settlement offer of $534.00 to settle the account.  I told her I had to talk to my husband, that it was such a high amount of money that I didn't know how we could swing that sort of payment right this second.  She said that if we do not make a payment by 8/31 this will be turned over to the attorney to get a judgement/garnishment against us, but since we are willing to settle this amicably she could set up a THREE month payment arrangement for $200 per month ($600) to setlle the account.  What should my next step be?  We live in KY by the way if that matters.

thanks!

Tasha

Equifax: 470 ( Lender 7/11) 548 (USAA-7/10/13

Experian: 493 (Lender 7/11) ) 588-USAA 7/10/13

TU: starting- 461 (Lender 7/11), 553-USAA 7/10/13- 647 (Walmart 7/15/13)
Vantage Score: 678
GOAL: FICO 650-690 by 12/2013
Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7
ALHondaGuy
Contributor

Re: Sent DV, this is the response I got, what now?

FDCPA violation if they threatened to take action they dont intent to take (ie sue). If you want to settle, get the offer in writing.
Message 2 of 8
lovemybabiesx2
Valued Member

ALHONDA?  I'm not sure I understand?  She said she has sent a letter saying they are sending to an attorney if not paid by Aug 31st (i didnt recieve that letter, or if i did i trashed it, not paying attention since I have only just started this credit repair/rebuild in the past 30 days)  She said I have to call her back by 5pm today to set up payment arrangements.  Should I just ignore this?  The last thing I need is a judgement or garnishment!  I do not have the money until sept to PIF, I can come up with about $400-$500 by Aug 31st though. 

Message 3 of 8
Booner72
Senior Contributor

Worst case is they try to take you to court, and before that you just PIF to avoid a judgment.  Just be sure to watch the mail and local papers, etc. to see if they have filed a court motion to proceed with judgment.  For 600 some bucks, unlikely.  But not impossible.

Best case is you play hard ball with them right back.  If they want your money they will delete it.  It sounds like you should go over her head.  I would also advise you not to talk on the phone with them further. 

STARTING: 11/24/10 EQ-584 EXP-648 TU04-595
CLOSED FIRST HOME 8/19/11 EQ-630 EXP-691 TU04-653
CURRENT: EQ-701 EXP-??? TU08-720
Message 4 of 8
lovemybabiesx2
Valued Member

Thanks for the info!  I will shoot out a PFD letter tomorrow then!  I also have an email addy to Resurgent so i will try to send a PFD with their acct info listed on it through email as well.  We live in KY so would they take us to court in KY then if they actually DID send this to an attorney...she didnt give me an attorney name though.  I tried calling credit one, they said to call the CA which is LVNV however this JCC place is who sent me this letter about the balance confirmation!  I swear they dont make it easy to see who is actually collecting on the acct.  CreditOne shows up as a charge off, and LVNV is who shows up as my CA for this amount on my CR...Resurgent doesn't show up at all...uggghhh...i knew this would be frustrating and I expected as much just want to try to pay for deletes as much as possible...guess if they don't want my money it'll sit there while i tackle other places that ARE willing to get some $$$ from me in exchange for a deletion!!!

Message 5 of 8
angelita1212
Valued Member

I also have a Credit One card that was sold to LVNV(Resurgent), but JC Christenson is acting as the collection agency for LVNV.

I mistakenly once spoke to someone from JC Christenson, and they were nothing but rude and threatening. At that point, I just hung up. A couple of months later, they sent me a settlement offer for around 50% of the balance payable over 12 months. I agreed at that time without any PFD agreement (before I found this wonderful board). So, my plan is to just try and GW LVNV after the final payment is made.

FYI...JC Christenson will not show up on your CRs because only 1 CA can report.

I would not speak to them over the phone under any circumstances.

Don't mind my in progress signature....

Message 6 of 8
ALHondaGuy
Contributor

Sorry, did a kind of hit and run with this thread.

What I was saying, if the rep specifically threatened to sue, claim a judgement, or threaten to garnish your wages, without the collection agency following through, it is a violation of the Fair Debt Collections Practices Act (FDCPA). Claiming to take "legal action" or sending a letter to their attorney, is not.

The bottom line is simple. Do you simple want the item removed from your credit report or do you want to fight?

Message 7 of 8
lovemybabiesx2
Valued Member

i really just want to do whatever will remove this item quickly!  We want to buy a house next year because my husband is being medically retired from the Army...we were told from our lender to clean up all negatives, and get our score to a 620-640 and they would get us approved for a brand new built house.  hubby is 500s i'm in the high 400s so i'm just trying to get as many PFDs as possible just to get rid of them!

Message 8 of 8
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.