cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sent PFD, 2 weeks later Debt removed?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Sent PFD, 2 weeks later Debt removed?

This is what I sent:

Dear Madam or Sir:

According to your collection letter and via my credit report, you are reporting a debt of $238 by DIRECTV. I do not acknowledge this is mine, but I would like to have it removed from all credit reports.

I would like to offer $85 for a removal from all reports and satisfaction agreement.

If you agree to the above terms, please prepare a letter on your company letterhead agreeing to the same terms as the above settlement offer and have it signed by an authorized representative of NCO Financial. Upon return of settlement offer, I will provide payment within 15 business days. I look forward to resolving this matter in the best interest for both of our parties.

Please address all correspondence regarding this account to:

Message 11 of 14
kmacqua
Regular Contributor

Thank you! and congrats on the removal. Now fingers crossed that either my DV or a similar PFD works for me.

Message 12 of 14
savings4tomorrow
Regular Contributor

kmacqua~ I sent the exact same one except my amounts differed slightly.

Hope it works out for you too!!

Message 13 of 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

**UPDATE** Sent PFD, 2 weeks later Debt removed? NCO REPLY***

An update to the PFD situation.

Recieved a letter from NCO:

"Thank you for your inquiry regarding the above-referenced account(s).

Please be advised that we have contacted the creditor with a request for validation of account TNB***. We will forward any materials we recieve as a result of our request for account TNB*** to your attention for your review and consideration.

In addition, please be advised that we have contacted the credit bureaus, with which we do business, with our request to delete our listing of account TNB*** from your credit profile for the social security number we have listed in our records. Please be advised that we cannot effect a change to how any other company may have listed the above account on your credit profile."

The last line and statements are legal and techincal terms regarding Federal and State laws...

So will DirecTV now send them the account information again and hence forward me a bill for $238 and all this was counterproductive but atleast its off my reports as a negative???

Message 14 of 14
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.