cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sent ally a goodwill and my score dropped !!!!!!

tag
jordanhand
Contributor

Sent ally a goodwill and my score dropped !!!!!!

I sent in a goodwill to ally financial to try and get some late payments removed which turned out to be a huge fail but I logged on yesterday and I seen my score had dropped 4 points due to them reporting the dispute? I didn't know this could happen... I found some lates that they reported as 30 days that were actually 15 that I plan on disputing but will that just decrease my score as well???

image.jpg

Credit Karma~Equifax-643
Trans union- 627
Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
jordanhand
Contributor

Re: Sent ally a goodwill and my score dropped !!!!!!

Anyone???

Credit Karma~Equifax-643
Trans union- 627
Message 2 of 6
kingkai1990
Contributor

Wait a minute, did you dispute the account or just request a goodwill? If the later, I would call Ally and complain that's not what you were trying to do.

Message 3 of 6
tomfromrictmame
Frequent Contributor

When you dispute a TL, certain elements of that TL are then excluded from scoring.  So it is possible to see a decrease while the item is in dispute.  Once the investigation is complete (~30 days) you will see the full affect of your dispute results.

AMEX Platinum NPSL | BofA Cash Rewards Visa $50K | NFCU Sig Visa $27K | Chase Marriott Rewards Visa $25K | AMEX Delta Skymiles $25K | BofA Sig Visa $25K | First Tech Odyssey MC $25K | AMEX HHonors Surpass $23K | Chase United Club Unlimited Visa $20K | Barclays AAdvantage WMC $17K | NFCU LOC $15K | NASA Platinum Visa $15K| NFCU Sig Visa $14K
Message 4 of 6
tomfromrictmame
Frequent Contributor

It's clearly being treated as a Dispute.  I would wait until the process runs it's course.

AMEX Platinum NPSL | BofA Cash Rewards Visa $50K | NFCU Sig Visa $27K | Chase Marriott Rewards Visa $25K | AMEX Delta Skymiles $25K | BofA Sig Visa $25K | First Tech Odyssey MC $25K | AMEX HHonors Surpass $23K | Chase United Club Unlimited Visa $20K | Barclays AAdvantage WMC $17K | NFCU LOC $15K | NASA Platinum Visa $15K| NFCU Sig Visa $14K
Message 5 of 6
jordanhand
Contributor

I just sent a goodwill to see if they would delete a few late payments, which they said no to.

Credit Karma~Equifax-643
Trans union- 627
Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.