cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sent an E-mail to Sallie Mae's CEO, got a call back!

tag
jennylocha
Regular Contributor

Re: Sent an E-mail to Sallie Mae's CEO, got a call back!

@esme wrote:

I am overwhelmed by shock and happiness right now. I got a call today from the representative at SM's Customer Advocate department, and she said that they've approved my request to have the 90, 120, 150-day lates removed from my account!!!!!!

I will say that if you have baddies with SM, the only way that they will remove late payment information is if during their investigation they conclude that it was some error on their part. I asked her what she found in researching my account that led her to believe there was a service error on their part. She stated that she saw that I had set up the auto-debit feature for my account, while one of my loans was still in forebearance status. When the forbearance period ended, the auto-debit that I had setup did not get applied to the second loan. So, basically, Sallie Mae is assuming responsibility for it! She said that it also helped that both of my loans are currently set up for automatic payments and have been for some time now (over a year). Smiley Very Happy

This was definitely a tough one, but I really felt like the CSR was really trying to help me. It was a more positive experience than some of the other ones I've been through.

I'm so happy! These were lates as recent as Mar - Nov 2010, PLUS they're federal student loans, so that has DEFINITELY been hurting my score. I still have lates from 2008 that I am working with her on, because I explained to her that I was in school during that time (less than half time) - I didn't qualify for a loan deferment, but I honestly thought that I had requested a forbearance for both loans, when it was only processed for one. She was not going to research that one, but after about 30 minutes of explaining to her VERY POLITELY that it just doesn't make sense for me to apply for a forbearance due to financial hardship on one loan, and then not the other. Right? Right. So, finally she gave in and said that she would look into the 2008 files some more and see if there would be anything that she could use to present it in a way that it was another error on SM's part. I'm hopeful, but I won't get my hopes up too much. For now I am soaking up my first HUGE success and now it's just an intense urge to find out how much my FICO scores soar when the 2010 lates are removed. WOOHOO!!!!!

OMG!!! Can you please send me this info because I am having the same issue with them! Please PM me!! Smiley Sad

Current Score: TU 671 / EQ 675 / EX 682
Goal Score: 700 Club Across the board!

Message 31 of 53
Anonymous
Not applicable

Can you please email me the email address

Message 32 of 53
sosninc

Can someone PLEASE PM me the CEO's emial? THANK YOU!!!!

Message 33 of 53
Melanie220
Frequent Contributor

Me too please^^^^^^
Message 34 of 53
joflockhart
New Visitor

can I get CEO and advocate info also pls.

Message 35 of 53
pristinecredit

@Anonymous wrote:

It worked!  After a year of writing letters to Sallie Mae and the Credit Bureaus,  the Sallie Mae's Office of the Customer Advocate helped me. I finally sent them an email on Monday, and attached 4 letters that I wrote.  To my shock, a rep called me in 24hours, and advised me he was assigned to investigate my case. Within a week, he called me back, investigated the case, and did ensure me that he saw the Sallie Mae system error that resulted in late payments on my credit.  I was shocked & excited.   I thanked him many times.  He is sending me a letter to confirm his findings and sending all three credit bureas each a letter to "retract" my late payment statuses, and within the month, my credit should be updated.  

I am happy to provide any info anyone needs, just sene me a private message.

Thank you everyone for sharing this amazing and resourceful information.  I recently noticed inaccuracies on my credit report by Sallie Mae and I wasn't sure what I was up against in getting these removed.  If anyone can PM me Sallie Mae's Office of Consumer Advocate info - that would sincerely appreciated.  And I hope to share with the group my personal success storty as well.  Thanks!

Message 36 of 53
cardsrams82
Established Member

I would like the info as well.

Message 37 of 53
Ramthortinath

i hate to jump on the "Me too!' bandwagon, but I really have no idea what else to do at this point. I had applied for a deferment on both of my loans since my business had to close (I used my taxes as proof of income), and received three letters saying the deferments were approved. This was in the middle of last month. About 2 weeks ago, i got a bill in the mail saying i need to make a payment by the 9th of next month/June. I tried to log into my account to see if it was just something sent out before the deferment was approved (though it seems odd i'd get the approval before the bill in that case...), only to discover that for some unknown reason my account was locked.

I tried, with no success, to call the number listed to unblock it, and even sent an email out, asking 3 things. 1. why was it blocked. 2. could they remove the block. 3. What's going on with the deferment since they sent letters stating they were approved. Did the system mess up, or..?

Needless to say, nobody has responded. I still cannot get through via phone, so this is my last ditch effort. If somebody could share the CEO's email (apparently now John Remondi?), I would be extremely grateful. If not I really don't know what to do.

Message 38 of 53
singevirus

This info would be greatly appreciated, getting no where with advocates.

Message 39 of 53
tmatten74
New Visitor

Wow...can anyone PM me the email too?  Having a similar issue and head is spinning.  Thanks!!

Message 40 of 53
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.