Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Serious Civil Judgement Questions!!

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Serious Civil Judgement Questions!!

Howdy all! I have been lurking for some time, just reading trying to take it all in.

I have a judgement issue that I think you can help me with. I don't know what to do about it  

I've been in school since the birth of my son in 2004. I was also unemployed at that time, so I seeked help from Public Assistance. They were supposed to pay my rent while I went to school. Which they did, however they would skip 4 months at a time and then pay it all in lumpsum. This took a toll on the Judgements on my credit report. I have 3 Judgments with Experian, 2 with TU, and none with Equifax. They have all been paid in full. I would just like them removed from my CR because it is hurting efforts. The 3 with Experian are dated 2005, 2006, and 2007. TU is only reported 2005, and 2007. The same amount, and dates, but with a different account number (I thought that was odd, but what do I know). 

Can you please advise me on what steps I might be able to take to get them removed?

I'm a single mother of 2 working my butt off to enhance my fico in order to get a small home my kids would be happy in. Any help is GREATLY APPRECIATED!!
Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Serious Civil Judgement Questions!!

If all the judgments are because of rent being paid late by the state....It will take time but I would start with the dept.that handles the payment and move on to the next inline. Ask whho you need to contact they might be able to direct you.

Look at your state site there should be imfo. on this. If you can't find it...call your AG office...they should be able to give you a phone #.

If you can't get anywhere......contact an attorney....look for one that offers free consultation.
Message 2 of 2
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.