Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Serious Delinquency Problem

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Serious Delinquency Problem

So after rebuilding my credit from 5 years ago with several 90+ day lates on my credit report from several credit cards. I had all serious late remarks removed within the last 2 years with lots of hard work and many letters. My only lates remaing are three 30 day late remarks 1 from 2013 which will be gone soon, and 2 from 2015. 

So now that my credit score is in the low 700s, I have started asking for some CLI on my current cards. 2 requests were denied due to "serious delinquency."

No where can I find any serious deliquency on my credit report is it possible the ghosts of some of my previous 90+day lates are still floating around on some of the reports and I cannot see them?  

I never heard of three 30 day late remarks, one from 7 years ago and 2 from 5 years ago being considered serious? 

Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
AllZero
Mega Contributor

Re: Serious Delinquency Problem

Not knowing the lender, they may presume any delinquency or multiples of as serious?

ETA, are your CLI request with lenders you have had serious delinquencies with?

AnnualCreditReport. Free weekly 3 bureau online reports through April 2021.

Message 2 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

So after rebuilding my credit from 5 years ago with several 90+ day lates on my credit report from several credit cards. I had all serious late remarks removed within the last 2 years with lots of hard work and many letters. My only lates remaing are three 30 day late remarks 1 from 2013 which will be gone soon, and 2 from 2015. 

So now that my credit score is in the low 700s, I have started asking for some CLI on my current cards. 2 requests were denied due to "serious delinquency."

No where can I find any serious deliquency on my credit report is it possible the ghosts of some of my previous 90+day lates are still floating around on some of the reports and I cannot see them?  

I never heard of three 30 day late remarks, one from 7 years ago and 2 from 5 years ago being considered serious? 

Serious delinqiency may also come from a CO/Repo/CA. Do you have any of those? I know my SO got the "recent delinquency" message until his last late hit 5 years old. I will double check to be certain, but the message just dropped in the past month or two.

Edit: just double checkdd and his last reported late was 3 years and 10 months ago. 

Regardless, it could possibpy vary from lender as to what they consider as "recent".

Lastly, if you pull all 3 CRs from annual credig report, they are the only reports that will also show the SPs for account reviews from your creditors. Depending on how recent you had those lates removed and when the last SP was from your creditor, that could be the issue. Often, creditors do not do a fresh SP when you do a CLI (unless it is a HP for the CLI). They go off the data from the last SP they did on your CRs. So perhaps they have an old SP. You can see how often your creditors SP from those CRs and try again after the next SP.

Good luck!

Message 3 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Nope no repo's or anything else of that nature. That is a good point of the SP. I will look into that. Otherwise I can't think of anything else that could be causing this. Other than those 3-30 day late remarks my reports are spotless. 

Message 4 of 6
FireMedic1
Community Leader
Mega Contributor

Lets narrow it down. Who are you trying to get CLI's with? Lenders are tight right now with whats going on with the economy.

Message 5 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

I have been trying with my Amex everyday preferred card. Have been a card holder since June 2018 when my rebuild was done my current scores FICO scores are: EX-722, EQ-715, TU 725. I was approved for the card with scores between 680-693 initially at $500. I have been stuck at $1800 since May 2019. I have been asking for $2500. Income is 56k. 

Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.