Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Settled with Resurgent

tag
alloveragain3boys
Established Member

Settled with Resurgent

Hello again everyone! 

I have a collection account with Resurgent/ LVNV for a CreditOne account for $728. After some research on here, I found that Resurgent is an agency with PFD. I logged in to their website and they had an option to settle at a one time payment for 40% less for 437 (you KNOOWWWW I took that). Paid it today and according to the website and the rep I spoke to on the phone, the request to delete the tradeline is put in once payment clears. I'll update you guys as soon as I hear something back, wish me luck!!

Message 1 of 15
14 REPLIES 14
lns1976
Regular Contributor

Re: Settled with Resurgent

It took about 3 weeks in my experience.

Fico 8 3/27/2022 EX: 611
Vantage TU/EQ 3/26/2022: 613/613
Message 2 of 15
JM761
Regular Contributor

Great news...good luck and keep us posted!

Message 3 of 15
alloveragain3boys
Established Member

New Update

Got a letter saying my account was satisfied and that the request to delete the tradeline will be put in within the next 30 days 

Message 4 of 15
FireMedic1
Community Leader
Mega Contributor

Congrats! Let us know how many points you got back after its toast. That is if its your only CA. Nice.

Message 5 of 15
OmarGB9
Community Leader
Super Contributor

Congrats!

Last App: 1/10/2023
Penfed Gold Visa Card

Currently rebuilding as of 04/11/2019.

Starting FICO 8 Scores:

Current FICO 8 scores:

Message 6 of 15
alloveragain3boys
Established Member

Ok so I got an email alert from EX that my score updated. I logged in and saw my score was up 16 pts to 689. Pulled my EX from the annualcreditreport website and confirmed that this account is no longer on my report. I checked CK for TU and EQ, no updates

@FireMedic1 - my EX score went up 16 pts to 689. I only have a repossession as a negative now 

Message 7 of 15
FireMedic1
Community Leader
Mega Contributor

Hey its an upward swing and one less headache. Congrats!

Message 8 of 15
alloveragain3boys
Established Member

Okay new update, I'm staying on top of this so maybe someone else in the same position can get some insight

Last post, I pulled EX and acct was gone and my score went up 16 pts. Today, I pulled TU and EQ and the acct was no where in sight on both reports. But according to CreditKarma, there was no change to my scores. (There was a -2 pt change on TU but due to one of my cards balances going up). Anyone have any idea why my TU and EQ scores wouldn't change even though a collection was deleted? Did I check too fast?

Message 9 of 15
FireMedic1
Community Leader
Mega Contributor

Possibly. Before the free reports end weekly. Go to annualcreditreports.com and take a peek there. Thats the real deal.

Message 10 of 15
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.