Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Settlement Offers

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Settlement Offers

I received letters from two different CA's today for two separate collections, both of which are on my credit reports as collections/charge offs.  Both CA's are offering me settlements around 50% of the origional debt. Do I need to mail each CA asking for a DFP or is that part of the settlement they are offering?

Thanks...

Message 1 of 12
11 REPLIES 11
Wizard10
Contributor

Re: Settlement Offers

Before any payment I would write and ask for a PFD first. If they agree then go for it. 

Message 2 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

That’s usually not part of the settlement. Which collection agencies?
Message 3 of 12
Remedios
Credit Mentor

@Anonymous wrote:

I received letters from two different CA's today for two separate collections, both of which are on my credit reports as collections/charge offs.  Both CA's are offering me settlements around 50% of the origional debt. Do I need to mail each CA asking for a DFP or is that part of the settlement they are offering?

Thanks...

That's something you'll have to discuss with CA or you can share which CAs those are. Maybe someone will now if they do PDF or not. 

Either way, if those are set to stay on your CR for a while, I'd see about getting PDF or negotiate a settlement amount so they can stop updating and bringing your scores down. 

Good luck. 

Message 4 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks for the replies..

The CA's are LVNV Funding and  ERC

Message 5 of 12
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

@Anonymous wrote:

Thanks for the replies..

The CA's are LVNV Funding and  ERC

LVNV isnt going to grant a PFD though you can try. ERC is more likely to be amenable to such.

Message 6 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thank you

Message 7 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

Okay, so I have written the PFD letters and will be dropping them in the mail shortly. If the CA's mail me back and are not willing to do a PFD should I go ahead and settle and pay on the collections? If I do this what benefit if any will it have on my credit reports/scores?

Thanks

Message 8 of 12
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

@Anonymous wrote:

Okay, so I have written the PFD letters and will be dropping them in the mail shortly. If the CA's mail me back and are not willing to do a PFD should I go ahead and settle and pay on the collections? If I do this what benefit if any will it have on my credit reports/scores?

Thanks

Are they updating monthly?

How much longer do they have before they can no longer be reported on your CR?

Message 9 of 12
martypav7
Contributor

So whoever commented on this thread and informed you that LVNV will not delete for payment its NOT true. I just had success with them payment for delete, however i did sent request via certified mail, and ask PFD or i would bring case to court. They replied within week and ageed to delete upon paying in full.

Message 10 of 12
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.