cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Settlement and 90-Day Late Recovery Journal (Progress reports etc)

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Settlement and 90-Day Late Recovery Journal (Progress reports etc)

@calyx wrote:

Congrats on all of your progress!  I remember when you just had that greendot.

You've come a long way, baby Smiley Wink

Thanks so much! It doesn't seem that long ago that I just had the Green Dot, but yet it seems like forever at the same time! RIP Green Dot!

BTW, on a whim, I just asked for a CLI on my Overstock card and got an increase of $2K, to $2,250! WOW!

Message 11 of 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

So it's been over a year since I updated this thread. A lot has happened in 2020. I got an inheritance that enabled me to wipe out all my debt. My income is still low, and my 90-day-late is now two years old. I was approved for several cards in 2020 (all good cards!) and got many CLIs on existing cards. 

The thing I learned from this experience is to follow the advice on these forums, and also that TIME IS YOUR FRIEND. I had trouble sometimes not apping. I wanted more cards now, now, now! But even though I sometimes was fast and loose with inquiries, it never was too crazy. It could have been a LOT worse had it not been for the lessons I learned from MyFICO. I found that paying on time and keeping my nose clean pays off. AMEX has given me two cards now even though my income is low and my score is meh. (Fico 8 scores are Experian 690, Equifax 700, Transunion 697.) Even with a dirty profile, you can get good cards—just give it time. 

Message 12 of 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

Way to go on your rebuild. 

Have you tried goodwilling the late payment?

Message 13 of 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

Way to go on your rebuild. 

Have you tried goodwilling the late payment?

Thanks, Belle!

My plan has always been to give BofA (the bank I had the 90-day-lates with) a little time and then do the Goodwill thing. I've been paid up for a couple months, I guess I'll wait a little longer.

Message 14 of 14
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.