Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Settlement and PFD

tag
anca21bi
Frequent Contributor

Settlement and PFD

Can I still send PFD letters to collection agencies if I paid with a settlement offer? 

I did settle an acount for $89.00 from $121.00 but on my credit report it now says I owe $32.00 the remaining amount that was not settled.

What do I do?

Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
llecs
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Settlement and PFD

There are some success stories in here of sending PFDs on settled accounts. I would try a GW first though.
Message 2 of 6
anca21bi
Frequent Contributor

What do you mean GW?
Message 3 of 6
llecs
Moderator Emeritus
anca21bi
Frequent Contributor

Most of the companies that I am in collections with I wasn't a good customer to them.  But I am willing to pay them now and start clean.
Message 5 of 6
llecs
Moderator Emeritus

anca21bi wrote:
Most of the companies that I am in collections with I wasn't a good customer to them.  But I am willing to pay them now and start clean.

GWs should only be used for CAs and OCs you already paid and for OCs that you have a current relationship with.

If you have a CA acct or a OC CO'd acct that is still due, a GW won't help any. PFD is the better option.

But to comment on your first post, if you settled with any of these accounts, and they considered your debt as repaid, even if settled, then try a GW first.

A GW letter really isn't a form letter. It is a casual letter basically asking for help from the creditor to change this or that on your CR. For example, you wouldn't want to write to a CA and thank them for the previous year's relationship or to comment them on their superior customer service. Tailor a GW to a relaxed-mode saying, "thanks for the opportunity to pay this debt via a settlement on xx/xx/xxxx. Out of goodwill, could you please remove this account from each CR?" Of course, add fluff, but keep it simple.
Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.