Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Settling With Capital One.

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Settling With Capital One.

I have settled with capital one after charge off after two years 800 In writing settled to 450 paid in full settled for less than the full balance they were pretty nice about it oddly
Message 11 of 19
Anonymous
Not applicable

They kept mines In internal recovery for two years but two yeArs latters guess what while one card reported charged off I was able to get two more
Message 12 of 19
Anonymous
Not applicable

Once they charged off we negotiated and the underwriter agreed and wrote out a settlement
Message 13 of 19
Anonymous
Not applicable

Can you tell me how you get got in contact with them, either by letter or call?

I have two Capt 1 credit cards that i got when i was married(bad marriage) i didnt have the money to support me and my kids so i used them. Then ended up going thru divorce and stopped paying on them..  1st credit limit 1000, (balance 1200) 2nd 2000 credit limit (2396 balance) they were both CHARGED OFF  2016 but still appearing on my CR now over 2 years in my revolving accounts with BALANCES reoccuring even tho they are charged off, ive gotten a letter last year sometime from a lawyers office (agency ) but its still showing balances and making my credit utilization 120%.

I had couple other cards from like lowes, walmart, that were already charged off and sold but showing 0 balance and not pulling my utilization.

Ive been trying to clear up my CR and get better and hopefully can purchase a house soon. I want to see about PAY TO DELETE or SETTLE the old balances and either mark PAID in full or remove derog statements ... ANY ADVICE?? HELP!!!

CAPT 1 is the only one that keeps pulling my scores down every month!!

Message 14 of 19
Anonymous
Not applicable

I contacted their internal collection sept cause capital one still held the account. Ask to settle the account and they will negotiate with you. Far as pet for deletion and they still hold the account it’s not gonna happen. Once you guys agree to an amount they will send it in writing do not pay less you have it in writing showing what you guys agreed to. Wait 60 days it will update if it is not dispute with the CRA’s. Show them that you did pay and that it was settled by a letter from them after payment the account is considered settled. Then the CRA’s will update paid in full settled for less than and the balance will zero out as if it was paid in full.
Message 15 of 19
Anonymous
Not applicable

Did you contact them over the phone or thru a letter?

Message 16 of 19
Anonymous
Not applicable

Over the phone
Message 17 of 19
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

Hi All,

I am new to this forum. Just checking to see if anyone here had any recent experience doing a lump sum settlement with Capital One? I currently owe about $18K on a capital one credit card and about 5 months behind on my payments. I called them last week to see if they would settle and they told me that they did not have any current settlement offer for me. Please share your experience if you had recently settled with Capital One and please let me know how did you go about go about settling and how much were you able to settle for. Thank you so much.

If you have any money to make a few months of payments, do that rather than have a charge-off on your CR. Easier to get caught up than go through the mess of a charge-off and possibly a collection. You’re not doing 6ourself any favors by letting it go to that, believe me. At one point I was 120-150 days late on my Cap 1 P account, but I was able to knock it down & get caught up. If this is the first time your card has been restricted they will probably offer you reinstatement once you get caught up.

Message 18 of 19
Joecooltech
Regular Contributor

Oddly enough I have a balance with capital one that has been charged off for 4 years they won't bend on that balance. But somehow I've managed to get a platinum card turned into a quicksilver card Over the last 15 months
Message 19 of 19
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.