Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Settling withTarget

tag
gdtobefree
Established Contributor

Re: Settling withTarget

My concern with EE is it updates every month. If they remove it will it come back when they update it the next month? 

Message 11 of 16
Brian_Earl_Spilner
Credit Mentor

@FireMedic1 wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@chiefone4u wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Hi, I'm new to the forums but am learning. Has anyone settled with Target National bank? I have a charge off about 2 years old $5700. I have never received a collection note or letter from them. I've just let it sit dealing with other creditors and this is my last one. Has anyone had any experience? Any idea on what I should offer? 
Thanks so much for any advice!

The account I settled with them was 6 years from DoFD. They told me they couldn't do a pay for delete. 

When the account went negative I owed $130, by the time I settled they claimed I owed $5,380 (interest and late fees). I settled for $36.21, and the account was removed 60 day's after payment. 

I felt ridiculous negotiating but the rep was good about it... he told me the computer decides yes or no, he has to enter any amount offered... I started at $10 and went up $1 at a time until $30 then went to $0.50 each time to $35... at which point I decided to see how long it would take to get a negative attitude from the rep and increased my offer by One Cent until the computer said yes.... 5 hours on the phone with a very polite young man to settle the debt. 

Lmao that guy probably hung up after your call and quit his job!

Or fired for being on 1 call that long and lost $ for Target. Didnt even pay is wages for the 5hrs either Smiley Happy

At minimum a write up. Most call centers require call average to stay under 3 minutes. That rep had some splainin to do.

Message 12 of 16
AllZero
Mega Contributor

@gdtobefree wrote:

My concern with EE is it updates every month. If they remove it will it come back when they update it the next month? 

What is your DoFD?

Message 13 of 16
gdtobefree
Established Contributor

Oct 2013 

Message 14 of 16
AllZero
Mega Contributor

@gdtobefree wrote:

Oct 2013 

You're not that far off. The decision on which route to take is your's to make. Good luck. Hope to read of your success!

Message 15 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

@gdtobefree wrote:

No it won't - it'll no longer be part of your report so there's nothing to update. EE removes it the same as if it had naturally aged away. Once it's gone, that's it.

Message 16 of 16
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.