Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Several CA's reporting same debt?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Several CA's reporting same debt?

There are several instances of CA's reporting the same debt on my reports.  How do I get the duplicating ones off?  I have disputed, but that process is flawed since all they do is ask the company to verify and then the CA's or OC's word is taken as gold.  I also have one CA reporting the exact same debt twice on all 3 CB's, they just changed the account # and the date opened.  I disputed this as well and was told the company verified both accounts.  I have also sent a CL to the CA requesting removal of the duplicate account.  How can I get these duplicating collections from different CA's deleted from my reports?  Once this is accomplished my debt ratio would be cut in half.
Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Several CA's reporting same debt?

FIRST ~  Which CAs are they?

SECOND ~ Know your rights!  Read, print, re-read, highlight and read some more the Fair Credit Reporting Act...here's a link to the newest version, update just last month:

I may not have the answers you need, however, I wanted to let you know that when we ask questions like this, it's a good idea to name the CAs, as who we're dealing with makes a difference!  Always a little more detail without giving enough info that lurking CAs can identify you when they read the boards here.

Also, please PM me if you'd like to know how to join a FIGHT against the CRAs, who we now KNOW are in cahoots with the CAs!!!

Most of us know how aggravating it is to see those things all over your CRs, so do yourself this favor:

take a deep breath and prepare to dig your heels in Smiley Wink ~ it is absolutely possible to win this fight!  Smiley Happy

If there's one thing I know for sure...there are awesome people on the forums with seemingly endless knowledge they're willing to share and we really are all in this together!

angelsbayb wrote:
There are several instances of CA's reporting the same debt on my reports.  How do I get the duplicating ones off?  I have disputed, but that process is flawed since all they do is ask the company to verify and then the CA's or OC's word is taken as gold.  I also have one CA reporting the exact same debt twice on all 3 CB's, they just changed the account # and the date opened.  I disputed this as well and was told the company verified both accounts.  I have also sent a CL to the CA requesting removal of the duplicate account.  How can I get these duplicating collections from different CA's deleted from my reports?  Once this is accomplished my debt ratio would be cut in half.

Message 2 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

angelsbayb wrote:

Find out DOFD, DOLA, and SOL for your state.

The best way to get duplicated CAs off is to DV them. But, without knowing who actually has your account, you want to be careful doing that, as if you are within SOL they could still sue.

Look on your reports from before you disputed and look at the reporting dates. Usually you can tell who likely had the debt first and who is likely to have it now.
Message 3 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

(CA's are Hunter-Warfield) same debt twice, just changed account numbers and dates, sent them cmrr requesting to remove duplicating account on all 3 cb's; (Afni-Bloom, Nco Fin/99, Franklin Col) reporting same debt; (Asset  Acceptance, AAC) reporting same debt. 
Message 4 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

What is DOFD, DOLA and SOL for your state?
Message 5 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

sidewinder to the rescue!  Smiley Happy

Just so you know...  AFNI, NCO, Asset Acceptance and, I think, Franklin (not positive about Franklin) are notorious junk debt buyers and perpetraters of fraudulent debt collecting activity!  They prey on those they assume won't know their rights.

angelsbayb wrote:
(CA's are Hunter-Warfield) same debt twice, just changed account numbers and dates, sent them cmrr requesting to remove duplicating account on all 3 cb's; (Afni-Bloom, Nco Fin/99, Franklin Col) reporting same debt; (Asset  Acceptance, AAC) reporting same debt. 

Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.