cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Should I Request Early Exclusion for 3 Tradelines Due To Expire Within 6 Weeks?

tag
LegalTender
Valued Member

Should I Request Early Exclusion for 3 Tradelines Due To Expire Within 6 Weeks?

I’m ready to start actively rebuilding/repairing my credit after it tanked with 6 CC defaults in 2012.

There are still 3 negative tradelines/COs on my CRs. They are scheduled for removal in September 2019 (or Oct. at the latest). Is it recommended that I submit a request for Early Exclusion, or just wait out the last few weeks/month?

Message 1 of 11
10 REPLIES 10
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Should I Request Early Exclusion for 3 Tradelines Due To Expire Within 6 Weeks?

@LegalTender wrote:

I’m ready to start actively rebuilding/repairing my credit after it tanked with 6 CC defaults in 2012.

There are still 3 negative tradelines/COs on my CRs. They are scheduled for removal in September 2019 (or Oct. at the latest). Is it recommended that I submit a request for Early Exclusion, or just wait out the last few weeks/month?

By all means give them a call and ask for the EE, TU will grant it up to 6 months out and you are within guidelines for the other 2. You want to get a supervisor on the phone to do it. Good luck Smiley Happy

Message 2 of 11
LegalTender
Valued Member

Re: Should I Request Early Exclusion for 3 Tradelines Due To Expire Within 6 Weeks?

OK.

Just got off the phone with Transunion and they removed my remaining two negative tradelines. It was fast and painless.

On hold with Experian as I type this ...

Message 3 of 11
LegalTender
Valued Member

Experian EE has approved removal of 3 remaining negative tradelines.

Two down, one to go.

On to Equifax...

Message 4 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats on TU and EX but be careful of EQ. “Incompetent” doesn’t begin to describe them. It’s entirely possible and quite likely that they’ll screw it up. You may want to just wait it out with them. The forum is filled with horror stories of EQ messing things up...
Message 5 of 11
LegalTender
Valued Member

Yeah & thanks for the head's up. I did read a couple problematic experiences, but also some positive ones, so decided to just give it a go. I hope it wont create problems.

I just got off the phone with Equifax. The CSR stated that there's NO adverse accounts on my CR. That seems unusual to me (me scratching my head). Should be 2 or 3 negative TLs left that will age off in the next month. In any case I didn't pursue it. She did mention the only thing that might be construed as a potential problem is notation of 'Consumer Disputes account information' with a currently open Discover Card (my only open CC). She said a potential lender might look at that askance. I asked if she could remove it and she said she would. I hope I did the right thing as I didn;t plan to remove any record of a dispute (I can't even recall what the dispute was about if indeed I did ever initiate one). She gave me a confirmation # for that and also said she'd mail me out a free CR and gave me a confirmation # for that as well. 

As an aside, her manner sounded a little unusual ... more like a teenager working in a clothing store than a CRA csr. 

Message 6 of 11
LegalTender
Valued Member

Now I need to get current copies of CRs to confirm the removal of all negative reports.

According to the CSRs at all three CRA I spoke with, there's no more negative reports on my CRs.

It's been a patient seven year wait. 

Now it's time to perhaps see about another unsecured CC or two, and if that proves problematic perhaps a secured card. 

Message 7 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

If you have not done so inthat last 12 months you can get your reports free from

Ops I saw in another thread you already used up your free annual credit report.

In that case go to Experian.com and sign up for the $1 trial. You will get all 3 reports. Only downside is these reports don't have the "on report until" or "DoFD". You will also get your scores too.

The trial is 7 days but I usually cancel the very next day so I don't forget. You still have access to the reports and scores when you cancel.

Message 8 of 11
LegalTender
Valued Member

Thanks for the CR tip Morpho.

I did receive a link from Experian to freely view my updated CR as a result of my 'dispute' (their catagorization of my EE request) and all negatives are now gone. 

Although I've yet to gain access to an udated FICO score from any of the three CRAs, I'm curious what they will be. Unfortuantely I never had a FICO score from Equifax so wont be able to compare the before/after score. 

Message 9 of 11
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

@LegalTender wrote:

Thanks for the CR tip Morpho.

I did receive a link from Experian to freely view my updated CR as a result of my 'dispute' (their catagorization of my EE request) and all negatives are now gone. 

Although I've yet to gain access to an udated FICO score from any of the three CRAs, I'm curious what they will be. Unfortuantely I never had a FICO score from Equifax so wont be able to compare the before/after score. 

Once your EQ is clean if you live in the footprint of Huntington Natl Bk their voice card will give a free EQ Fico every month. There are a few others around too, thing DCU and Penfed will but you would need to confirm that if interested. Good you got most of your EEs

Message 10 of 11
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.