cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Should I Try to pay this/ get it removed?

tag
ddemari
Super Contributor

Should I Try to pay this/ get it removed?

This is the last negative item on my credit reports. I can't remeber exactly the details on this card, but i know I was stupid in 2010 with it, opened it and let it charge off immediately. so I would think date of last activity would be 2010? its 5 years old, will fall off in 2 years. I dont know if portfolio is going to try and collect on it from me or what? but, I wish I could just pay capitalone the amount and ask them for a delete. 

I am just so weary of stirring up the old collection, charge off, late payment, derog on my cr because I dont want to make it look like it just happened? 

Screen Shot 2015-09-17 at 8.41.00 PM.png

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Should I Try to pay this/ get it removed?

I would leave it till its last year of reporting, they sold it so GW is going to be tough and only most likely possible in the last year of its reporting life.

Message 2 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

If you're not in the market for a car or home, then letting it sit for 2 more years may be the way to go.  Just depends on your short term credit goals in the next 2 years.

Message 3 of 5
ddemari
Super Contributor

Thanks gdale. Why only possible in last year of reporting?
Message 4 of 5
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

@ddemari wrote:
Thanks gdale. Why only possible in last year of reporting?

It seems to be Cap-1s MO on granting GW or PFD reported by members the last 6 months or so. You can always start a GW letter campaign if you want but it could result in an update or worse, I forgot to say in my first post you could not pay Cap-1 since they did sell it and are not the legal owners anymore.

Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.