Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Should I call...?

tag
Shellie
Valued Contributor

Should I call...?

Spoke with an OC yesterday about recalling a PAID to the OC debt.  She said she would have to talk to her supervisor to see if they could recall and that she had a meeting with her today at 12 noon.  Its almost 3 now.  Should I call to see what they decided?  Will I be annoying them?  Ugh I'm just so anxious to hear if they are going to recall them.

Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7
RobertEG
Legendary Contributor

Re: Should I call...?

The second you paid the OC, the debt was satisfied, closing any further collection on the debt.  They were thereafter required to notify the debt collector that the debt was satisfied, and that their collection was accordingly terminated.

The debt collector is then required to close their collection and update the balance under collection to $0.

Deletion of their reporting of the collection is not mandated by payment of the debt, and in fact, payment of debt is clearly stated in the CRA reporting manual as not being basis for deletion of reporting.

The OC can request their assigned debt collector to delete, but cannot compel them to do so.

I hope they make the effort to ask the debt collector to do so.  I would not push them regarding a voluntary act on their part.

Message 2 of 8
Shellie
Valued Contributor

I have been under the understanding that when the OC recalled the debt that the CA had to delete it?  

Message 3 of 8
guiness56
Epic Contributor

You will get varying information on that.

If the OC recalls the debt before it is paid, yes.  After it is paid, it could go either way.

Message 4 of 8
Shellie
Valued Contributor

Blarg!  I had some hope that these would get deleted.  One of the utilites that I'm making payments on said they would recall so I guess that one is good.

Message 5 of 8
Shellie
Valued Contributor

Just an update...got an email and the medicals will NOT be recalling their debts.  Blarg Smiley Sad on to GW letters...

Message 6 of 8
cookiebird
Frequent Contributor

3 of my medicals would not recall either so I paid yesterday and now fingers crossed that GW to NCO will get them removed.

good luck!

last app 11/13/2013 gardening for at least a year
Message 7 of 8
Shellie
Valued Contributor

Mine were paid before I asked for the recall.  I am trying to figure out a GW letter that fits.  I have an email address the is supposed to be for the CEO of the CA.  Fingers crossed 

Message 8 of 8
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.