Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Should I close my credit one card?

tag
buildafico
Frequent Contributor

Re: Should I close my credit one card?

I see. I'm with you now, and also appreciate you clearing up my confusion. I'm closing it, there's no grace period and I'll never use it anymore, and its providing me no benefits. I'll move on to better cards, with worthwhile limits.
some textsome textsome textsome textsome textsome textsome textsome textsome text>some text
Message 11 of 14
sjt
Senior Contributor

@DaveSignal wrote:

Or just close it right now.  You aren't going to use it.  Its not helping your utilization. Its already on your credit report.   Closing it will not affect your AAoA.

+1

American Express: Platinum Charge, Optima, Business Gold, Delta Business Reserve, Business Cash, Business Plus
Barclays: Arrival+ WEMC
Capital One: Savor WEMC, Venture X Visa Infinite
Chase: Freedom U Visa Signature, CSR Visa Infinite
Citibank: AAdvantage Platinum WEMC
Elan/US Bank: Fidelity Visa Signature
Credit Union: Cash Back Visa Signature
FICO 08: Score decrease between 26-41 points after auto payoff (11.01.21) FICO as of 5.23, EX: 812 / EQ: 825 / TU: 815
Message 12 of 14
Boragard
Established Contributor

CLOSE IT IMMEDIATELY!!! CREDIT ONE IS THE DEVIL!

Message 13 of 14
buildafico
Frequent Contributor

Wait, i thought the devil was Midland funding lol
Anyway yes, after credit one cuts the statement and interest charges ill call it quits. I discovered the lovely shopping cart trick on these forums. Commenity bank is willing to give me 1500 dollars of credit limits at various stores, so ill use them for limits and positive accounts and enjoy no annual fees. After the 6 months of dread of course
some textsome textsome textsome textsome textsome textsome textsome textsome text>some text
Message 14 of 14
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.