Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Should I dispute or wait

tag
Red1Blue
Super Contributor

Should I dispute or wait

I made a settlement and paid the amount. Creditor said they sent the information to all 3 CRAs and they say it would take 30-45 for CRAs to update the that it is paid off and show balance $0 from current $6140. I have no idea how long the CRAs would take to update the information. If my util is reduced by $6140 and CO stops my score might see some improvement. Should I wait or dispute? Any suggestions?

4 REPLIES 4
dragontears
Senior Contributor

Re: Should I dispute or wait

@Red1Blue wrote:

I made a settlement and paid the amount. Creditor said they sent the information to all 3 CRAs and they say it would take 30-45 for CRAs to update the that it is paid off and show balance $0 from current $6140. I have no idea how long the CRAs would take to update the information. If my util is reduced by $6140 and CO stops my score might see some improvement. Should I wait or dispute? Any suggestions?

How long has it been? 

Message 2 of 5
Red1Blue
Super Contributor

@dragontears wrote:

How long has it been? 

Hi @dragontears they told me they mailed it on 2/14.

Message 3 of 5
FireMedic1
Community Leader
Mega Contributor

Its usually 30-45 days. Here's where the the ole saying "Good things come to those that wait" comes in. Patience grasshopper. It will come.

Message 4 of 5
OmarGB9
Community Leader
Super Contributor

@Red1Blue wrote:

@dragontears wrote:

How long has it been? 

Hi @dragontears they told me they mailed it on 2/14.

It's only been a few days. They're right that it usually takes 30-45 days, sometimes up to 60 days. Don't dispute, as that could interfere with their process and make it take even longer. Just be patient.

Last App: 1/10/2023
Penfed Gold Visa Card

Currently rebuilding as of 04/11/2019.

Starting FICO 8 Scores:

Current FICO 8 scores:

Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.