Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Should I dispute this public record?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Should I dispute this public record?

I had a state tax judgment put against me three years ago because I was late filing that year. Taxes all paid, but a record is showing on TU and EFX credit reports. EXP is clear. They only list a filing date and an amount and no other explanation.

Should I try to dispute this record, or is that just messing with the sleeping giant?

TIA.
Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Should I dispute this public record?

mrbubbs wrote:
I had a state tax judgment put against me three years ago because I was late filing that year. Taxes all paid, but a record is showing on TU and EFX credit reports. EXP is clear. They only list a filing date and an amount and no other explanation.

Should I try to dispute this record, or is that just messing with the sleeping giant?

TIA.

If it is accurate, don't dispute it. If it reporting incorrectly, you can dispute.

I'd try to get something from the state, like a "release of lien" or something of the sorts to get the lien removed completely.
Message 2 of 3
cobra19
Valued Contributor

Re: Should I dispute this public record?

I would dispute it as incomplete or inaccurate information. If the tax is indeed paid, you have nothing to lose
New York Yankees - 2009 World Series Champions. 27... and counting.....
Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.