cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Should I file bankruptcy or can I get a off?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Should I file bankruptcy or can I get a off?

I.C. SYSTEM, INC
Original creditor:
T MOBILE USA INC
$1.608
Balance updated Feb 13, 2022

PROFESSIONAL DEBT
Original creditor:
BROXTON BAY LUXURY APARTMENTS
$11,155
Balance updated Feb 11, 2022

PORTFOLIO RECOV ASSOC
Original creditor:
SYNCHRONY BANK
$4.683
Balance updated Jan 30, 2022

LVNV FUNDING LLC
Original creditor:
PENTAGON FEDERAL CREDIT UNION
$2,469
Balance updated Feb 07, 2022

PORTFOLIO RECOV ASSOC
Original creditor:
CITIBANK N.A.
$4,725

MIDLAND CREDIT MANAGEM
Original creditor:
CAPITAL ONE N.A.
$9,436
Balance updated Feb 02, 2022

PORTFOLIO RECOV ASSOC
Original creditor:
SYNCHRONY BANK
$5,629

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
OmarGB9
Community Leader
Super Contributor

Re: Should I file bankruptcy or can I get a off?

You've given us very little information to work with. All I can tell you is that 5 of your 7 collections do PFD (Pay for Delete): Midland, Portfolio (x3), and LVNV.

But we need a lot more info such as: currently open credit cards (if any)/limits/balances/APRs/minimum payments; currently open loan/balances/APRs/minimum payments; any other derogatories, such as charge offs/liens/repos; amount of money you have monthly to put towards debt.

Last App: 1/10/2023
Penfed Gold Visa Card

Currently rebuilding as of 04/11/2019.

Starting FICO 8 Scores:

Current FICO 8 scores:

Message 2 of 3
SoCalGardener
Valued Contributor

Re: Should I file bankruptcy or can I get a off?

Please provide the information @OmarGB9 mentioned so we can move forward with some [hopefully] helpful ideas.

On a personal note, I've gone the bankruptcy route and really, truly hated it. It's a sore point for me that I just can't forget, and really want to stress how long it and its ramifications stick with you. From what Omar said, it looks like you have a good shot at getting SEVERAL of your debts resolved/removed by making pay-for-delete arrangements. If that's at all possible for you to do, that would be my first choice.

Think long and hard before pursuing bankruptcy. It's a ten-year ball and chain...

Amazon Prime Store CardAmerican Express Blue Cash Preferred CardAmerican Express Everyday CardBank of America Customized Cash VisaCapitalOne Quicksilver MastercardCapitalOne Quicksilver VisaCapitalOne Walmart Rewards MastercardChevron Texaco CardCiti Double Cash MastercardDiscover More CardJCPenney Gold MastercardOverstock.com CardSportsmans Guide Rewards VisaSynchrony Home Card
Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.