cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Should I file for Bankruptcy

tag
Jrubizov

Should I file for Bankruptcy

Hello I am 21 years old have 20 closed/ charged off credit cards that I got through lying about having a job two closed bank accounts and a secured card that underwater what should I do once I get full time employment to rebuild myself already have 84 hard inquiries in three year time span and my student loans I deferment since I lied can I go bankrupt thank for the advice in advance Jesse.
Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
cjc343
Valued Member

Re: Should I file for Bankruptcy

http://millionmilesecrets.com/2013/05/06/lying-on-a-credit-card-application/

https://www.google.com/search?q=lying+on+credit+applications

They have no reason to go after someone who is making good on their debts, even if they committed a federal crime when applying for credit because legal stuff is expensive.

If you're debt is big enough to consider bankruptcy, it may also be big enough to consider legal action.

Message 2 of 5
compassion101
Established Contributor

How much do you owe?

How much do you make?

What's your monthly expenses?

Message 3 of 5
enharu
Super Contributor

@Jrubizov wrote:
Hello I am 21 years old have 20 closed/ charged off credit cards that I got through lying about having a job two closed bank accounts and a secured card that underwater what should I do once I get full time employment to rebuild myself already have 84 hard inquiries in three year time span and my student loans I deferment since I lied can I go bankrupt thank for the advice in advance Jesse.

you should talk to a legal aid. Google search for one around your area. Most of them provide free legal advice.

It's best you consult an attorney (some will provide free 1st consultation as well). 

JPMorgan Palladium (100k), AmEx Platinum (NPSL), AmEx SPG (46k), AmEx BCP (42k), Chase Sapphire Preferred (47k), Citi Prestige (31k), Citi Thank You Preferred (27k), Citi Executive AAdvantage (25k), JPMorgan Ritz-Carlton (21k), Merrill+ (15k), US Bank Cash+ (22.5k), Wells Fargo (12k), Bloomingdale’s (12.4k), Chase Freedom (5k), Discover IT (5k).
Message 4 of 5
09Lexie
Moderator Emerita

Definitely seek legal advice. Filing bk on fraudulently conceived accounts is serious and tbh , criminal. Depending on the creditor and the amount of the loss, you need to address this problem sooner than later.

Good luck.
Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.