cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Should I just pay Alliance One?

tag
pierce83

Should I just pay Alliance One?

I have a collection account with Alliance One that's 18 months old.  I have sent a pay for delete letter with no response and I have called several times and been told no.  If I pay it, will it help my credit score since it is a newer collection?  I have called the OC and they won't pull it from collections.  Should I pay it and see if they will delete with a goodwill letter?  Or should I try a DV letter first? 

Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7
RobertEG
Legendary Contributor

Re: Should I just pay Alliance One?

If it has been more than 30 days since they sent dunning notice, a DV would be untimely, and they could choose to simply ignore it.

You will get mixed opinions on whether paying will affect your score. Payment or nonpayment does not, from what has been published by Fair Isaac, directly enter into scoring, but you will find numerous posts by those here on the site stating that they have seen a drop in score.  You might see some inpact.

However, payment will satisfy the debt, and thus remove any obstacle of unpaid, delinqueent debt in future endeavors for credit.

Additionally, if still within SOL, it removes the threat of any legal action.

And it ends continued collection activities, which can, such as by way of continued inquries, continue to affect yoour score even after CR exclusion of the reported collection.

Message 2 of 8
mo6579
Contributor

I had an old municipal fine that was sent to Alliance One Receivables (same place?). The court had a "pay online" feature that still allowed me to pay, so I did. About 3 weeks later alliance one was off my reports. No GW or PFD, in fact I never had contact with alliance one. Of course, your results may vary, but if you have the option to pay the oc without acutally talking to them, maybe that is something to consider (of course depending on the amount).

Current Fico08 TU:654 EX:641 EQ:650 (01/31/2015)
Current Fico04 TU:??? EX:695 EQ:675 (01/31/2015)
03/2013 - TU:567 EX:490 EQ:540
Message 3 of 8
pierce83

I have read several places to resend pay for delete letters but I have also called several times with no luck.  I don't plan on trying to buy a home for a couple more years. I just want to do my credit repair now cause my score is only 566.  I have several small loans that I have paid off with no late payments and I just want to get my credit score up.  I don't think sending another letter is going to work at this point.  Would it best to just go ahead and pay the OC?  Maybe they will delete with a GW letter later.

Message 4 of 8
guiness56
Epic Contributor

Message 5 of 8
anca21bi
Frequent Contributor

Alliance one will remove collections especially if you pay and ask or sometimes they will just say they will delete of the CR. I had 2 accounts that I paid because it was a ticket and they just stop reporting the next month. The next item they said if I pay the minimum amount they would delete and that is off my report as well. I sent PFd letters previously and they did my respond. But after talking to a credit counseling agency they said they had 100% success with verbal PFd with them.
Message 6 of 8
beephlat
Established Member

I had 3 collections with them a couple of years ago for unpaid parking tickets that I'd forgotten about. I had to pay them in order to renew my registration. Once paid, I disputed them and poof, they were gone within a couple of weeks. 

BOA/Alaska Airlines: 40k; AMEX Delta Platinum: 39k; BOA/APTA Cash Rewards: 26.4K; Chase Amazon Prime Signature Visa: 25k; Capital One Venture One (#1): 23.75k; Wells Fargo Platinum Visa: 21K; Citi Simplicity MC: 20.8K; BECU Reward Signature Visa: 20k; Amex Blue Cash: 20K; Amex EveryDay: 20k; Fidelity Signature Visa: 20K; Citi/Costco Signature Visa: 17.6K; Barclays NFL Extra Points/Seahawks: 15.25K; Citi Double Cash: 15K; BECU Personal Line of Credit: 15k; Capital One Venture One (#2): 10K; Amazon Prime Store Card: 10K; Chevron/Texaco: 10K; Consolidated Community Credit Union Signature Visa: 5K; Barclays Apple Rewards Visa: 4K; Capital One Platinum (secured): $750; AMEX PRG: NPSL; AMEX Unicorn (ZYNC): NPSL; TOTAL Across all Revolving Credit Lines: $363,550
As of 06/17/2018- TU FICO: 800 EX FICO: 813 EQ FICO: 803
09/2011-TU FICO: 5?? EX FICO: 5?? EQ FICO: 503
Message 7 of 8
guiness56
Epic Contributor

@beephlat wrote:

I had 3 collections with them a couple of years ago for unpaid parking tickets that I'd forgotten about. I had to pay them in order to renew my registration. Once paid, I disputed them and poof, they were gone within a couple of weeks. 

What was the basis for the dispute?

Message 8 of 8
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.