Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Should I keep opensky??

tag
user365735
Regular Contributor

Should I keep opensky??

I opened an opensky last year and it took over a month to receive the card. Since then I got approved for us bank secured cards, have a credit one, mission lane and milestone card. 

I received the opensky card this week and not sure I want to keep it. I feel like I don't need anymore accounts to justify the $35 annual fee. I was thinking of opening some secured cards with banks or federal unions to build relationships now that I understand the rebuilding process. Should I keep the opensky account and just let it age or cancel it? It has already reported to credit bureaus as open. Suggestions?

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
tebtengri
Contributor

Re: Should I keep opensky??

Personally I'd keep it at least til before the next annual fee. Assuming you pay off any use before they charge interest I don't see how it would hurt your credit and may add a couple points.

Message 2 of 5
FireMedic1
Community Leader
Mega Contributor

@user365735 wrote:

I opened an opensky last year and it took over a month to receive the card. Since then I got approved for us bank secured cards, have a credit one, mission lane and milestone card. 

I received the opensky card this week and not sure I want to keep it. I feel like I don't need anymore accounts to justify the $35 annual fee. I was thinking of opening some secured cards with banks or federal unions to build relationships now that I understand the rebuilding process. Should I keep the opensky account and just let it age or cancel it? It has already reported to credit bureaus as open. Suggestions?

Clarify please? Last year or this week? If its the same card. Keep it until the fee come up again and close it if you like. It will still count up to 10yrs in age metrics.

Message 3 of 5
user365735
Regular Contributor

Because of the chip shortage it took over 5-6 weeks to receive my card once I made the deposit. I just received the card this week. I was actually thinking of calling them to cancel prior.

Message 4 of 5
jmcmillan
Frequent Contributor

I would keep it until right before they charge the annual fee. I called last year and they offered me a waived annual fee, so I kept it another year.  I called a couple weeks ago, and they didn't offer it to me this time, so it’s now closed.  I think you have enough credit to close this card. 

Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.