Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Should I leave alone

tag
avggoal700
Frequent Contributor

Should I leave alone

Experian I see a closed account.  Payment status:  paid, was a charge off.  I paid in full after the charge off either 2012 or 2013.  It went c/o starting sep 2012.  Under payment history , the little calendars it has FP (failed to pay) over April 2014.  

I have just been waiting for it to fall off in 2019, while sending goodwill letters.  Everything looks good except that Apr 2014 date, but I don't wanna mess anything up with a bad dispute incase it is marked correctly.  I just don't think the FP should be under apr 2014, but should be under like 2012.  

Edit:  on main experian page, this is making it show as my last time since negative overall for all accounts as 2 years and 7 months, when that is not true.  

EX 706. TU 705 EQ 682. Avg 698
Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
RobertEG
Legendary Contributor

Re: Should I leave alone

FP is not a formal payment history code for a monthly late.  It lacks any statement of the asserted level of any delinquency, and it thus incomplete.

It does connote an adverse item (i.e., delinquency).

I am unsure exactly how FICO handles a payment history posting that does not state the asserted level of delinquency.

I would make an informal call to the creditor and raise your question as to how you can have a derog when the account was previously paid and closed.

It is possible that the creditor will agree that it is a questionable/inaccurate reporting, and they will simply remove without any need for dispute.

I would at least obtain an explanation before pursuing formally.

Message 2 of 2
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.