Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Should I pay Wolpoff and Abramson?

tag
Boswd
Valued Contributor

Re: Should I pay the Law Office?

nikkoslilmouse wrote:
Are you past your states SOL because if you are you can use that in court as a definse and LVNV will loose the case. What State are you both in?

They already have the Judgment awarded to them, they got the default judgment,  The SOL defense is no longer in play.   If you had a case with that you needed to use it as a defense when they orginally sued you.    It doesn't matter anymore, the debt could have been 20 years old but if you don't show up in court then it's over.    They win. 

The only hope you can have now is trying to get the judgment vacated based upon improper service or something else.   But if you were served and you had the notice in your possesion, I'm sorry to say it doesn't look good.  
Message 11 of 57
Anonymous
Not applicable

Ok I went ahead and did a PFD letter to the CA. I have a question though, Since the Attorneys Office wants the payment for the Balance of  $3239.43, should I send payment to them or LVNV funding?

Thanks  
Message 12 of 57
Boswd
Valued Contributor

I would call both  LVNV and the attorney's, more than likely  it'll be LVNV but call both to confirm.
Message 13 of 57
Anonymous
Not applicable

In Beach123 Case it is not to late for the SOL defense as he/she is still going through court with them. Yes it to late for theshadow12345 in that case but there may be a way for them to get it vacated.
Message 14 of 57
Anonymous
Not applicable

I called attorney already and she said that they would be the one to receive the payment to give to thier client. That way they can dismiss the case and all that other Court Stuff they have against me. She said it would be quicker this way..

I'll call LVNV Funding just to make sure..

Thanks
Message 15 of 57
Anonymous
Not applicable

Theshadow12345 try going to www.budhibbs.com before you do that and you may be able to get help with this I am working with them to get LVNV off of our credit reports. I have a phone number and email address if you need it for them as well. I know alot of people that are dealing with LVNV and several have won even after a Judgement was given on there (LVNV) behalf.
Message 16 of 57
Anonymous
Not applicable

Nikko,
Contact information please? Please PM or Post.

Thanks
TS
Message 17 of 57
Anonymous
Not applicable

Just an update:

I called LVNV funding and they were able to see my account as being reported to an Attorneys. When I told the Rep that there was a judgement against me she said that it wasn't on thier computer system and was suprised about it. I asked if I paid the Balance if they would remove the Account and all Public Records and she said they would but they would need the Judgememnt Date, Case #, The Amount Owed, The District, and Interest Docket (or something like that? ) from the Attorney. Im waiting call from the Law Office for this information so I can complete this PFD letter and send it to LVNV Funding.

I also tried Bud HIbbs and explained my situation to them. Waiting to hear from them also..

Hopefully something works out here. This judgement is hurting my score and alot of more other things.

Thanks for the Help
TS

Message 18 of 57
Anonymous
Not applicable

OK im so close in paying over $3000.00+ for an LVNV funding account (Best Buy) that was reported to an attorney. I called the lawyers Office and he said that the Public Record Will not be removed even after I pay it. It would though put it as a PAID status under my report. BudHiBBS said that the only thing to do is pay and they can mark it as satisfied which would enhance my score.

Im just wondering if this will help me to purchase a new home down the road with my Bad Credit. My TU Report looks like this with a score of 504...

Total past due $15,448
Credit History    19 Years
Late Payments 22
Total balance of Your revolving accounts $6,530
Your mortgages None
Your installment loans $33,795
Total number of Accounts 38
 Accounts with balances 16
Accounts opened in past year 4
Recent inquiries 11
Collections 7
Public Records 1

Thanks

Message Edited by theshadow12345 on 07-10-2007 08:36 AM
Message 19 of 57
Anonymous
Not applicable

Bud Hibbs is a little swamped I think the best time to contact him may be around 5:00 his time. I spoke with him last night and he put me on the right track as to what my next move will be. That is what I am working on now. Just make sure that if you get them to agree to the PFD that you are careful of how they word that and I would still speak with Bud if at all possible or send him an email. I send one yesterday morning and he got back to me just before lunch yesterday to have me call him. Good luck
Debbie Smiley Surprised)
Message 20 of 57
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.