Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Should I pay Wolpoff and Abramson?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Should I pay the Law Office?

try to GW the lates and for the judgement I just had one removed that Wells Fargo had against us and now it was not 7yrs old. The original creditor can have it removed. They (Wells that is) removed it from one of our reports EQ I think and I disputed it with EX and they removed it from theirs now I am just waiting for TU to finish there investigation. Get LVNV to put in writing that the judgement was not accurate. They are the ones that have to do it not the Attorney.
Message 21 of 57
Anonymous
Not applicable

Question,
Who would I send the PFD to? The Attorneys or the CA? The Attorneys are the only ones that can accept the payment. Once they get the payment, they'll send it LVNV funding and I suppose LVNV Funding will do the neccessary adjustments on my C.R. to delete the record.

Thanks
Message 22 of 57
Anonymous
Not applicable

I would send it to LVNV first and see what they do they just might send you a letter to accept. It never hurts and if you dont hear back from them you can then send a copy to the attorneys. Do you know you can also pay that at the court house and not have to deal with the Attorney or LVNV if they dont do a PFD. That way you have proof you paid.
Message 23 of 57
Anonymous
Not applicable

Bad news on judgments and CRTP is that FCRA allows the states a completely open-ended pass to extend the CRTP indefinitely if the state chooses to do so. Some states permit the SOL to be reset on judgments.

15 USC 1681c

(a) Information excluded from consumer reports Except as authorized under subsection (b) of this section, no consumer reporting agency may make any consumer report containing any of the following items of information:
(2) Civil suits, civil judgments, and records of arrest that, from date of entry, antedate the report by more than seven years or until the governing statute of limitations has expired, whichever is the longer period.
Message 24 of 57
Anonymous
Not applicable

theshadow12345 wrote:
I got served last year for a Best Buy Account in the amount of 3,298.13. I of course was a no show and the plantiff won the case and got the judgement reported to the CRAs

You might look into trying to get the judgment vacated. This varies wildly from state to state.

Message 25 of 57
Boswd
Valued Contributor

to get a judgment vacated you are going to needs grounds for it.   You just can't say I want it vacated and have it granted.    Most popular is improper service, that is them serving to a wrong address or an old address.    but if you were served properly then you just may have to bite the bullet on this one and just pay it and maybe in a year or so dispute it and maybe it'll come back unverified.
Message 26 of 57
Anonymous
Not applicable

Depending on the state, there can a myriad of reasons to get a judgment vacated. Improper service is just one. A proper court procedure may not have been followed, and that may be enough. Exceeds usury interest limits, CA never responded to DV request or provided insufficient DV, CA never adhered to FDCPA §809(a), "I was unable to respond to this because ..." etc.

If the OP wants to simply pay it, well then OK. That's up to the OP to decide. But just as those who advocate just paying a CA will make them go away and besides you know you owe it so you might as well pay it is nothing short of a B.S. response, telling someone they just have to pay a judgment is also a B.S. response.

Message 27 of 57
Boswd
Valued Contributor

It's not a BS response,  I've stated in an earlier post that he should look to see if the OP could get it vacated.   A BS response is telling the OP that he shouldn't pay it and start playing games with them.  This is far beyond a CA calling making threats.   They've got the judgment from the courts.   The OP no longer has any leverage with PFD.   By advising the OP to start playing games with them could be very detrimental.   You can't just start saying  I won't pay , they'll just say fine, we'll make you pay,  they'll clear out the bank account, garnish the wages, put a lien on the house, take the tax returns.  By having the judgment they now have the upperhand. 
All I was advising was if you can't get it vacated then unless you start paying on your own what the CA can start doing to make the person pay could be far worse.  Advising people to play games with a CA after they have been awarded a judgment is a BS response.

Message 28 of 57
Anonymous
Not applicable

Have you had to deal with these people that the OP has to deal with I have and I know how ruthless they are. they got that judgement by default and they charge like 350X's the original balance that was owed to the OC. LVNV are bottom feeders that just try to suck people dry and Providian and WAMU are all in on it so you guys keep praising that card company and one day you too may wake up facing someone telling you that LVNV got there Judgement Just pay it.
Message 29 of 57
Boswd
Valued Contributor

Who was praising Providian and WaMu? 
Message 30 of 57
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.