i would definitely if usage is over 88%.
I would probably over 50%
I'd likely only keep if usage was less than 28%
Drop it. You have 2 great cards to set the foundation of what we all have to do after lightning strikes. It's called Rebuild. Let those cards age and then start looking again in 6 months for the 3rd card which is best for FICO scoring. Once dropped you will have a thin file and some lenders like that and will approve you. Dont go app crazy. Take it slow. As the saying goes. Rome wasnt built overnight,
Thanks! I will most like remove myself. The usage is around 86%. But it’s my only current positive revolving account payment history until my 2 new cards begin reporting.
Maybe wait to remove until the new start reporting.
I’ve decided to keep myself on as an AU on both cards until I’m ready to apply for discover in 6 months. The primary card holder makes about 1k payments monthly to the debts , never late in 8 years. But primarily bc I will be less likely to frivolously apply prematurely for anything while I know my scores are temporarily lowered by the UTL on those cards. So they shall stay until I’m truly ready to app in 6 months.
By the way creditslog, did your new Citi card report yet? I see my statement closing date is 11/14 so I’m assuming mine will report a couple days or so after that.
I’m expecting it to arrive Monday or Tuesday. I really wanted to use it for a nice 50% UTL dental purchase Monday morning, so I’m a little sad. I like to train them with a big initial purchase.