cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Should I send a GW letter/email to Chase?

tag
reckedhim
Frequent Contributor

Should I send a GW letter/email to Chase?

I had a credit card with chase that I opened in 2007.  I was an idiot college kid and I fell behind on payments and they eventually closed my account.  Eventually I paid the account in full and have been rebuilding my credit.  Would it be worth sending a GW letter to them to ask them to remove this info from my credit report?  If so, what should I ask for?  When I review my report on this site, it has the following info for my Chase account:

30 Days late - 2 times

60 days late - 2 times (Nov 2009)

90+ day late - 2 times (Dec 2009, Oct 2009)

Any suggestions and help is greatly appreciated.  Also, if someone could PM the contact info that would be great.

Message 1 of 13
12 REPLIES 12
reckedhim
Frequent Contributor

Re: Should I send a GW letter/email to Chase?

Also, is one contact method better than the other?

Message 2 of 13
DiabolicallyRandom
Established Contributor

You should absolutely send GW's to chase. You would be surprised how many people have success with them.  I would start by sending them to the address on your credit report and if you dont get a bite, start googling e-maill addresses and fax numbers. With the account posting multiple 90 days late, which is a major derogatory, and it being closed by them I would aim for deletion of the entire trade line. From my experience I have found it to be easier to have trade lines removed than it is to have lates removed.

Message 3 of 13
reckedhim
Frequent Contributor

@DiabolicallyRandom wrote:

You should absolutely send GW's to chase. You would be surprised how many people have success with them.  I would start by sending them to the address on your credit report and if you dont get a bite, start googling e-maill addresses and fax numbers. With the account posting multiple 90 days late, which is a major derogatory, and it being closed by them I would aim for deletion of the entire trade line. From my experience I have found it to be easier to have trade lines removed than it is to have lates removed.

I'll email them tomorrow and see where that gets me.  If it's not successful I suppose I will send a letter and see how that goes.

Who do I email?  The CEO?  Customer service?

Message 4 of 13
DiabolicallyRandom
Established Contributor

I would probably send an e-mail off in both directions.

Message 5 of 13
reckedhim
Frequent Contributor

I sent an email.  Hopefully I hear back from them.

Message 6 of 13
Blurbz
Contributor

Good luck!  Keep us updated!

I've been trying to get a CO from 2008 removed for a while now with no success....ugh, I hope at least one of us gets lucky!

Message 7 of 13
reckedhim
Frequent Contributor

@Blurbz wrote:

Good luck!  Keep us updated!

I've been trying to get a CO from 2008 removed for a while now with no success....ugh, I hope at least one of us gets lucky!

Was it a Chase CO?  How many times have you contacted them?

Message 8 of 13
Blurbz
Contributor

Yeah, it's a Chase CO.  I"ve sent a bunch of emails, called, and sent two letters.  I'm still trying.  I've received only one response: A letter this week saying that they won't remove it. I'm not giving up (yet).

Message 9 of 13
reckedhim
Frequent Contributor

Ah, well good luck.  Hopefully they change their mind.  From what I've read on here, it seems a lot of people have had success with Chase.  

Message 10 of 13
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.