cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Should I try to early exclude these accounts w EQ?

tag
cr101
Established Contributor

Should I try to early exclude these accounts w EQ?

EX did an EE for me and my score increased. But, I don't know if my avg age of accts or anything else important was altered bc of this. I have a really nice score at PF and I think that this will help me get a top rate for a mtg and hopefully a high limit cc. But, I'm concerned that doing an EE may wipe out some factors that may be a contributing factor to the score that I have. There would be 4 student loan accts deleted and they're probably my 2nd-5th oldest accts. What's your take?

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Should I try to early exclude these accounts w EQ?

@cr101 wrote:

EX did an EE for me and my score increased. But, I don't know if my avg age of accts or anything else important was altered bc of this. I have a really nice score at PF and I think that this will help me get a top rate for a mtg and hopefully a high limit cc. But, I'm concerned that doing an EE may wipe out some factors that may be a contributing factor to the score that I have. There would be 4 student loan accts deleted and they're probably my 2nd-5th oldest accts. What's your take?

I wouldnt even bother with EQ. They can just mess things up. They really only do 1 month EE anyway if they happen to get it right. Your best bet is to let those fall off naturally.

You can do the math to get your AAoA from EQ. Just disregard any accounts that will be removed soon.

Message 2 of 5
cr101
Established Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@cr101 wrote:

I wouldnt even bother with EQ. They can just mess things up. They really only do 1 month EE anyway if they happen to get it right. Your best bet is to let those fall off naturally.

You can do the math to get your AAoA from EQ. Just disregard any accounts that will be removed soon.

Thanks. I went ahead and just applied. I forgot that they use the middle score, which is TU for me. Even if I wait for the TU EE, I doubt it'll get me to 740, which is where you need to be to get the best mtg rate w them. And, I'm more concerned about a good mtg rate than about increasing my score for another card. Thanks for helping me think this through!

Message 3 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

@cr101 wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@cr101 wrote:

Thanks. I went ahead and just applied. I forgot that they use the middle score, which is TU for me. Even if I wait for the TU EE, I doubt it'll get me to 740, which is where you need to be to get the best mtg rate w them. And, I'm more concerned about a good mtg rate than about increasing my score for another card. Thanks for helping me think this through!

You jad mentioned EQ above.

TU does 6 months EE, so if you did EX, you could definitely do TU, and they usually are instant when you call and get it done.

Message 4 of 5
cr101
Established Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@cr101 wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@cr101 wrote:

You jad mentioned EQ above.

TU does 6 months EE, so if you did EX, you could definitely do TU, and they usually are instant when you call and get it done.

Yeah, when I posted this, I forgot about the fact that they use the middle score, and I was stupidly a bit more focused on increasing the score to get a good cc limit....The good thing is that the TU dispute process was started yesterday. So, if the EE's approved, it should be done within 30 days, before my mortgage rate's locked in. 

Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.