Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Should i do this?

tag
Rkalynsmith
Regular Contributor

Should i do this?

2 more baddies left. Owe RJM acquisitions $700. Nice CSR stated that i can settle for a 1 time payment of $407 or make monthly payments of $20 a month to pay $476. I told her if i go the monthly route that i would pay more than that. I asked her once i paid it off will they delete it from my credit report and she said yes. I asked her for a letter stating that and she said she would mail me one and also email me one. Should i offer less? I can pay $100 a month to just be done with it. Was looking to settle for about $250

Starting Score: 565
Current Score: 721
Goal Score: 800

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
ezdriver
Senior Contributor

Re: Should i do this?

You missed your chance to offer the amount that YOU wanted to pay. Nothing stops you from still offering the smaller amount but it is unlike to be accepted.

Message 2 of 4
Lechte
Frequent Contributor

I wouldn't make a lesser offer.  You're paying almost half of what the original balance is..AND you are getting it deleted.  Deletion is the big win here...unless you're struggling financially and every penny counts...don't risk it.   ....that's just my opinion.

(EX08 - 654) --- (TU08 - 643) --- (EQ08 - 667) --- (EQ04 - 676)

Message 3 of 4
cartwrna
Valued Contributor

I once had an account with RJM Acquisitions, can't remember what they stated it was for though. I was able to dispute it directly with credit bureaus as unknown debt and requested validation. They would never validate/verify so it was deleted.
Don’t take your credit for granted, use it with care! These days, catch me in the bankruptcy forum!?
Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.