cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Should i send another OC letter? Didnt respond to first one!

tag
Schoolbuskid
Valued Contributor

Should i send another OC letter? Didnt respond to first one!

I sent letters to Verizon Wireless and HSBC Auto, neither one responded with the information i requested, so should send out another one? Also where can i find information regarding the law about OC's investigating accounts? I know it has to deal with the FACTA laws but where do i find that?
Rebuilding and Reducing Debt, is my game plan.
Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
llecs
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Should i send another OC letter? Didnt respond to first one!

Here's FACTA:

It is also incorporated into FCRA.

I too have read the OC letters in here and have used them. However, never had any success. In reading FACTA, the OC letters and the law don't necessarily jive. In other words, if I had to take my letter and fight the OC in court, I don't see how I could win (assuming I owed it). IMO anyway.
Message 2 of 6
Schoolbuskid
Valued Contributor

Thanks llecs, VZW just will not budge at all!
Message 3 of 6
llecs
Moderator Emeritus

Schoolbuskid wrote:
Thanks llecs, VZW just will not budge at all!

You and me both. This is my last major baddie. I've sent dozens of PFDs with no luck and I'll send dozens more. I also call them each month with a big smile on my face. They will only delete if they sell the account.
Message 4 of 6
llecs
Moderator Emeritus

To add, my last conversation with them produced more info. They will accept a PFD if certain situations apply. She wouldn't share what those were, but did hint that if I moved prior to the last bill being sent, and I didn't get it, then they would accept a PFD. It took about a dozen different conversations to get someone to mention a gray area. I brought up job loss, and she said no.
Message 5 of 6
Schoolbuskid
Valued Contributor

This charge off is paid, so its not like they didnt get their money! They just dont want to cooperate! Then they sent me that bogus letter about, the letters i sent not being signed properly, blah blah blah!

I guess i fire off another OC letter and see what they have to say!

Is there a better address to send to beside the FOLSOM, CA address?
Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.