Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Should the collection and original account be removed simultaneously

tag
RESSECUP
Regular Contributor

Should the collection and original account be removed simultaneously

I was looking at my CR and noticed an HBCS chargeoff is gone but cavalry is still reporting the collection. Should the collection be removed as well?
Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Should the collection and original account be removed simultaneously

Yes, they should both use the same DoFD.

Message 2 of 5
RobertEG
Legendary Contributor

Removal could have occured in one or two separate ways.

The CO could have been excluded by the CRA from your credit report based on nearing the credit report exclusion period, of the creditor could have reported deletion of that derog from their reporting.

What is the DOFD on the OC account?

If the CO was excluded by the CRA, then the collection would have the same exclusion date of no later than 7 years plus 180 days from the DOFD.

Thus, the collection would soon become excluded from all CRAs.

However, if removal occured as a result of reporting of a deletion to the CRA, that would not affect the contnued reporting of the collection or of any reporitng made to other CRAs.

Message 3 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

If you have any old hard copy reports, check to see if the estimated removal dates were the same.

Message 4 of 5
RESSECUP
Regular Contributor

Apparently the account has been off my report for a while. I have gone back as far as April and it's not there. I'll have to see if I have an old report at home.
Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.