cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Should two public records/tax lien removals bump score?

tag
mintons
Established Member

Should two public records/tax lien removals bump score?

Hello -

Quick question, and I may just be jumping the gun here due to excitement, but to Equifax to remove two tax liens from my credit report, got their notification via email tonight, so when I logged into equifax, my score is stil the same as it was the day before.  

Should I expect a little bump in my score, and it will just take some time to work in?  Or do they not count that much towards the score, and mainly just an issue when lenders see them on file?

Thanks!

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Should two public records/tax lien removals bump score?

@mintons wrote:

Hello -

Quick question, and I may just be jumping the gun here due to excitement, but to Equifax to remove two tax liens from my credit report, got their notification via email tonight, so when I logged into equifax, my score is stil the same as it was the day before.  

Should I expect a little bump in my score, and it will just take some time to work in?  Or do they not count that much towards the score, and mainly just an issue when lenders see them on file?

Thanks!

Depends on how old they were, the older they are less they affect score and if you still have other negs to deal with you might not see a bump, its pretty common not to see a bump until your last negative is removed from the report. Scores are a fluid number and are generated on the fly when requested based on whats in the report at that moment.

Message 2 of 4
mintons
Established Member

@gdale6 wrote:
Depends on how old they were, the older they are less they affect score and if you still have other negs to deal with you might not see a bump, its pretty common not to see a bump until your last negative is removed from the report. Scores are a fluid number and are generated on the fly when requested based on whats in the report at that moment.

Thank you gdale6!!!  Sort of what I figured, and while I would have loved to see a bump, I am just happy that it is gone!!  The liens are about were placed on there 7/2013, and paid in 12/2013, so not sure if that is considered older or not?  Working with a mortgage guy a few months back, he said my scores were good enoug to get a mortgage, but did ask about the liens.....so just to have them gone get rid of that questioning, and any issues it may cause in underwriting is enough for me!

Message 3 of 4
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

@mintons wrote:

@gdale6 wrote:

Thank you gdale6!!!  Sort of what I figured, and while I would have loved to see a bump, I am just happy that it is gone!!  The liens are about were placed on there 7/2013, and paid in 12/2013, so not sure if that is considered older or not?  Working with a mortgage guy a few months back, he said my scores were good enoug to get a mortgage, but did ask about the liens.....so just to have them gone get rid of that questioning, and any issues it may cause in underwriting is enough for me!

Those would be considered new PRs as status dates are less than 24 months old.

Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.