tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Sigh, LVNV/MIDLAND/PCFS nightmares

Where to start?

PCFS - DOLA - AUGUST 2001
MIDLAND - 2 DV SENT, NO RESPONSES
LVNV - 2 DV SENT, NO RESPONSES
GMAC - NO DV SENT, THIS ACCOUNT IS A CLOSED/CHARGE OFF VEHICLE REPOSSESSION FROM 2002.

I went to apply for a home loan this week (got a new car last month, score was 690), this month i found a house i wanted. My credit is a 656, due to all the inquiries. I sent an online dispute for all the above mentioned items. they of course all came back verified since all they have to say to the CRA is its verified and no proof has to be given to them. I am pre approved for the home loan, but only if i can get the PCFS Mortgage taken off. Now, in the state of TN, the SOL is 6 years across the board. So this should have come off last August..... correct? Oh, and equifax's online dispute thing is always broken. Anyways, the bank i am getting the loan through disputed GMAC, PCFS, & MIDLAND and then had me conference a call with all 3. Here is what happened with each.

Midland - The lady just kept asking what my dispute with them was. I told her about the DV letters and how they had not responded. She just kept saying it was verified and she didn't know what my dispute was. She said we will send you verification. I said, you had your chance for that. So nothing got settled there.

GMAC - At first they couldn't find the account. I was getting happy..... then they transferred us a couple times until someone found it. I simply asked when the DOFD was and she said December 2002. I asked when it would come off, she said in 7 years. I said you mean 6...... she didn't answer.

PCFS - The Credit guy looked everywhere for thier number. He finally found that the company had been bought by another company. We stayed on the phone for an hour trying to get through. Gotta try again in the morning. All i know is the DOFD was August 2001.

On a brighter note, i just sent out CMRRR to experian, equifax, & transunion with all my CMRRR, DV letters, and everything else i sent to Midland & LVNV. I also sent them CMRRR about the SOL and the PCFS account. I also sent MIDLAND & LVNV the " you failed to validate the debt, i want it removed or else letter" from here CMRRR. yes, i spent 60$ on CMRRR letters today. the postal worker now hates me, i am sure.

Let me tell you, when you screw up, no matter how long ago it was, you pay for it when you got people like these running the show. I am going to give it a few weeks, but if nothing has changed and i do not get responses back, what is the next step?
Message 1 of 11
10 REPLIES 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Sigh, LVNV/MIDLAND/PCFS nightmares

SOL = time period they have to file in court and win a judgment against you. After SOL expires they can still file, but if you answer the summons and appear in court, you can use "expired SOL" as your defense and they don't win.

CRTP= (Credit Reporting Time Period) this is the length of time that an account can remain on your credit report. It is 7-7.5 years from DOFD.

jango wrote:
Where to start?

PCFS - DOLA - AUGUST 2001
MIDLAND - 2 DV SENT, NO RESPONSES
LVNV - 2 DV SENT, NO RESPONSES
GMAC - NO DV SENT, THIS ACCOUNT IS A CLOSED/CHARGE OFF VEHICLE REPOSSESSION FROM 2002.

I went to apply for a home loan this week (got a new car last month, score was 690), this month i found a house i wanted. My credit is a 656, due to all the inquiries. I sent an online dispute for all the above mentioned items. they of course all came back verified since all they have to say to the CRA is its verified and no proof has to be given to them. I am pre approved for the home loan, but only if i can get the PCFS Mortgage taken off. Now, in the state of TN, the SOL is 6 years across the board. So this should have come off last August..... correct? Oh, and equifax's online dispute thing is always broken. Anyways, the bank i am getting the loan through disputed GMAC, PCFS, & MIDLAND and then had me conference a call with all 3. Here is what happened with each.

Midland - The lady just kept asking what my dispute with them was. I told her about the DV letters and how they had not responded. She just kept saying it was verified and she didn't know what my dispute was. She said we will send you verification. I said, you had your chance for that. So nothing got settled there.

Did you send them CMRRR? If so, send copies of your green cards, CM label, and copies of the letters to the CRA, along with the letter I'll post next. <<< Just seen below where you done this.

GMAC - At first they couldn't find the account. I was getting happy..... then they transferred us a couple times until someone found it. I simply asked when the DOFD was and she said December 2002. I asked when it would come off, she said in 7 years. I said you mean 6...... she didn't answer.

If DOFD is December 2002 then it will come off somewhere between December 2009 and May 2010. Technically the 7 year period doesn't start running until 180 days past DOFD.

PCFS - The Credit guy looked everywhere for thier number. He finally found that the company had been bought by another company. We stayed on the phone for an hour trying to get through. Gotta try again in the morning. All i know is the DOFD was August 2001.

It will be removed somewhere between August 2008 and February 2009. Use the address and phone number on your credit report. If it is incorrect then dispute the account. They must report ALL information accurately or not at all. Dispute as "inaccurate information"

On a brighter note, i just sent out CMRRR to experian, equifax, & transunion with all my CMRRR, DV letters, and everything else i sent to Midland & LVNV. I also sent them CMRRR about the SOL and the PCFS account. I also sent MIDLAND & LVNV the " you failed to validate the debt, i want it removed or else letter" from here CMRRR. yes, i spent 60$ on CMRRR letters today. the postal worker now hates me, i am sure.

They don't care about SOL.

Let me tell you, when you screw up, no matter how long ago it was, you pay for it when you got people like these running the show. I am going to give it a few weeks, but if nothing has changed and i do not get responses back, what is the next step?

I have heard some lenders getting a loan through when they know that all the accounts are PAST SOL and you are not legally responsible for the debt any longer.

Message 2 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

Send CMRRR and include DOB, SS#, and Proof of Identity(copy of DL and/or SS card)

Make changes where needed.

My Address

To: CRA

CRA Address

Date: June XX,2006

RE: Account #XXXXXXX/ Arrow Financial Services

Dear Sir/Madam:

This is a request for deletion of a disputed item. I have attempted to have this alleged debt verified by the alleged creditor and collection agency to no avail. I am respectfully requesting that Experian do what is legally mandated by the FCRA and FDCPA, and delete the account listing.

Arrow Financial Services, Account # XXXXXXXX

On March 21, 2006, Arrow Financial Services received a demand for validation from me. Attached is a copy of that letter along with the U.S. Post Office return receipt showing they did indeed receive the request. As of today, June XX, 2006, they have failed to provide any proof or respond in any way.

On May 2, 2006, I sent a second letter. Again, I have received no response. Attached is a copy of the letter and the U.S. Post Office showing they did receive that letter.

The FDCPA states they must cease collection activity until they have produced verification of the alleged debt if so requested. As per the FTC, this includes reporting to the credit bureaus, which they obviously have done illegally. It is quite evident that no such proof of this alleged debt exists or they would have provided it in the previous 3 months since it was requested.

As per the FCRA, if no proof of debt exists, it may not be reported to the credit reporting bureaus. The FCRA also states that the credit reporting agencies must accept written proof from the debtor.

Therefore, I am not asking for an investigation to be done, I am requesting that the entry be deleted in its entirety as there is no proof of its existence as evidenced by my attached documented proof.

Sincerely,

You

Message 3 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

You have a nice score with all those collections-

It was silly to buy a car  prior to getting a home loan-
No new accounts 6 months prior-

IMO- Unless you get these ALL to delete and none updating the reported date more current- your score is not going to go up.

If they know you are playing with a mortgage- they got you where they want you--- between a rock and a hard place.
Message 4 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

UPDATE:
PCFS was bought out by Litton Group. Me and the Credco representative got ahold of them today. They could not find an account with my name on it. The address & case number belong to someone else now (that live @ that house). The representative for Litton Group said they deleted the PCFS module some years back and my name is no where in thier records. Awesomeness. Now all i have to do is find the online disputes for each CRA and i can dispute as inaccurate/no account. The Credco rep called the bank, and the mortgage lady ordered the appraisal! I am on my way to getting the house.

Timothy:
The only reason i got a new car was because i drive 70+ miles a day to/from work. in an explorer........... need i say more? i got a 2008 mazda3 with a 690 score @ the time, so i got good payments. And, the house we are looking to get is owned by my wifes grandmother. It was appraised @ 99,000.00 7 years ago. We are going to be getting it for 45,000.00. We are requesting enough to pay the car off, the 2 CC bills (which are a whopping 250.00), and to get new furniture, so a total of around 69,000.00. So that will be another good account on my credit report that is a + to my score.

and once LVNV & MIDLAND have to take thier stuff off, i will be left with just the GMAC account as a neg on my report.

And many thanks to Sidewinder! You being on here and helping so many people each day has really paid off for me. I can't thank you enough for the responses you have given.
Message 5 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

UPDATE #2:
PCFS mortgage has been removed from all 3 credit bureaus - NO score increase Smiley Sad
Midland has been removed from transunion & experian, but not equifax. Equifax is reinvestigating.
LVNV is still on all 3 CRA's, but it is has been reopened and is being reinvestigated.

how long will it take for the investigation and for them to take them off? they have all the CMRRR, DV LETTERS, - everything.

here is my scores right now AFTER getting approved for my house
EXPERIAN - 651
EQUIFAX - 655
TRANSUNION - 715

i am paying off my CC bills in 1 week, they are sitting @ 77% util. right now. that will raise some scores up! and when we get the money for the house, i am paying off my new car, so that will be another good account on my reports.

Message Edited by jango on 04-25-2008 11:14 PM
Message 6 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

The CRAs can take the full 30 days to complete.  Your UTIL is  is really hurting you. Once paid down & the CCC report you will see a score increase..
Message 7 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

UPDATE #3 -

transunion replied with this letter.....

"we are unable to accept the documentation you sent. however, transunion will contact the source of the disputed information to advise them of your dispute. we will ask them to verify the accuracy of the reported information."

WTH? i sent them the CMRRR, copy of my DL, the original letters. everything i was supposed to. and that is what i get back?

Message Edited by jango on 05-01-2008 11:24 PM
Message 8 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

well, another update..........

midland is still hanging around on my equifax reports. i have sent more documents to equifax and filed with the FTC and BBB. citibank doesn't want to give any information on it, as they say they don't have anything to do with it. i told them midland was reporting and collecting on thier behalf so they are responsible. still no dice. so i have filed for another dispute with everything again. i couldn't even get citibank to send me a letter stating how old the account was, what the actual DOFD & DOLA was. they said all they have is an account # and my social, but no actual documents.

LVNV is still on all 3 reports, i have had them all "verified" and i just sent out the MOV documents/letters. i have also called citifinancial who they are supposedly collecting for. after an hour on the phone with 4 different departments they have no records of an account i had with them that they sold to LVNV. the rep gave me the fax number to the citifinancial dispute department and told me to fax over everything to them and they would take care of it. so we will see in a week or 2 i guess.

Message Edited by jango on 05-27-2008 06:16 PM

Message Edited by jango on 05-27-2008 06:16 PM
Message 9 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

Were any of your accounts removed...due to you send the DV letters...and green cards to them..proving the company did not provide verification???
Message 10 of 11
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.