Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Slowly but surely

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Slowly but surely

Been following these forums for a while ow and finally decided to take the plunge and post.

I started my rebuilding process in January 18' after applying for a Fingerhut Credit account with a  $200 CL and a Capital One Secured Platinum card with a $200 CL with an average Fico of low 500's (can't find the actual numbers) and roughly 8-10 collections (owing approx. $5k for past due medical collections) between the three CRAs.

In March of 18' applied and got approved for a Discover It Secured with a $200 CL.

July of 18' Capital One increased my limit to $500.

October of 18' Discover sent an email saying they were unsecuring my card, returning my deposit and increased my CL to $2k.

January of 19' applied and approved for Citi Diamond secured with a $200 CL.

February of 19' applied and approved for a Visa Rewards CC through my credit union with a $1k CL.

April of 19' applied and approved for Capital One Quicksilver One with $300 CL. 

June of 19' Capital One increased my CL on Quicksilver to $400 (at my request).

July of 19' applied and approved for the Amex Gold Delta SkyMiles with a $1k CL and Amex Everyday with a $500 CL.

July of 19' closed my secured Platinum card. I got sick of them giving me different answers when asking about unsecuring the account.

Current Score Breakdown:

Experian (7/29) - 676

6 open revolving accounts: $609 Balance.

3 installment accounts: $7k auto loan, $37k student loans (2 accounts).

3 experian boost accounts.

4 closed accounts.

17 reported inquiries.

$0 collections.

Transunion and Equifax have had a few collections hit and I will update when the scores update. Most recent scores; a 658 Transunion as of 7/7/19 and 633 Equifax as of 6/29/19.

Sorry for the long post but am pretty excited that I can finally start building a relationship with Amex. It has been slow, but I am getting there.

Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
LakeLife
Established Contributor

Re: Slowly but surely

Congrats on your rebuild so far!  I know it takes a ton of work and discipline!

Message 2 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

It's always great to read about success stories, congratulations
Message 3 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

@LakeLife wrote:

Congrats on your rebuild so far!  I know it takes a ton of work and discipline!

Thanks, it's been a fun but stressful journey. I have a tendancy to constantly check my scores which just adds more stress lol.

Message 4 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Lol I'm glad I'm not the only one who always checks credit scores
Message 5 of 6
Remedios
Credit Mentor

Hi and welcome to the forums 

Congrats on your progress! 

Dont worry about checking your scores constantly. Most of us have done it on hourly basis but eventually it wears off. 

Rebuilding is very stressful because it's very important so make sure you're not dedicating all your energy and headspace to it.

Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.