Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Slumberland and collections

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Slumberland and collections

So I bought some furniture in June of 2020 and paid for it then. The furniture came in that November. I went to Slumberland to pick up the furniture and they loaded in my truck and all was good.

Now last night I got a letter from a collection agency saying that I owe Slumberland $540. I called Slumberland and talked to the manager (who has been there only a week) he said that he would check on it. He said that with Covid that they had a lot of miss billings. It turns out that I only paid half when I purchased the furniture unknown to me!!! 
I explained to the manager that I had not received and notice of a bill due to them until the collection notice. I told him that if I owed it that I would pay it but I wanted it out of collections. So he called back and said that if I paid with in 30 days it should not go on my credit report but I would have to talk to the collection agency!!!

I don't think that is right and I don't even know if I should even talk to the collection agency as I believe that it is Slumberland fault and not mine!

Any suggestions on what I should do?

Thank you!

Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
FireMedic1
Community Leader
Mega Contributor

Re: Slumberland and collections

@Anonymous wrote:

So I bought some furniture in June of 2020 and paid for it then. The furniture came in that November. I went to Slumberland to pick up the furniture and they loaded in my truck and all was good.

Now last night I got a letter from a collection agency saying that I owe Slumberland $540. I called Slumberland and talked to the manager (who has been there only a week) he said that he would check on it. He said that with Covid that they had a lot of miss billings. It turns out that I only paid half when I purchased the furniture unknown to me!!! 
I explained to the manager that I had not received and notice of a bill due to them until the collection notice. I told him that if I owed it that I would pay it but I wanted it out of collections. So he called back and said that if I paid with in 30 days it should not go on my credit report but I would have to talk to the collection agency!!!

I don't think that is right and I don't even know if I should even talk to the collection agency as I believe that it is Slumberland fault and not mine!

Any suggestions on what I should do?

Thank you!

You got the reciept. Sale complete. Now they say billing. Billing for what? Its paid for. I'd let them and the CA know you'll be sending the documents to the AG Office. They have to eat it. You saw the price. You paid it. Its on their end the salesman messed up. Take it out of his paycheck. Not yours. File a BBB report ASAP.

Message 2 of 2
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.