cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

So Frustrating! Should I reach out to CFPB??

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

So Frustrating! Should I reach out to CFPB??

This situation is soooooo aggravating, I've been working through this for 2 months.  My credit report is currently incorrectly reflecting 2 consecutive lates from 2011 when my loan was serviced my MetLife.  I tried to dispute first with Experian and it came back verified.  I then tried to contact Metlife, who referred me to my current servicer, Green Tree.  I submitted my proof to Green Tree (a letter from my Bank regarding the electronic remittances).  They sent me a letter asking for more info so i provided the bank statements showing that the money was indeed withdrawn.  At the same time I submitted another dispute to Experian.  Well now I've gotten both ANOTHER notice from Exp that the account has been verified AND a letter from Green Tree that they can't remove information place by another servicer.  My annoyance comes from the fact that Green Tree is verifying this information to the CRA so if they can verify info, why in the world can't you inform them that its incorrect.  The girl from GT is teling me I have to contact MetLife. Not sure why she doesn't understand that Metlife home loan division is no longer in business and Metlife bank is referring all inquiries to them because they now own my mortgage all the records that go along with it.

I'm not sure what I need to do to get this information removed.  Its inaccurate and I have that proof but they are refusing to remove.  The only thought that comes to mind is to submit a complaint with the Consumer Financial Protection Bureau. 

Any thoughts on how to approach this.  I refuse to let this stand as is!!!!

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
RobertEG
Legendary Contributor

Re: So Frustrating! Should I reach out to CFPB??

The CFPB has admimistrative enfocement authority over the FCRA, so you can file a complaint with them.

If the issues are not one of factual interpretation of evidence/documentation, but rather of compliance with statute, they can step in.

However, the CFPB is not a court, so if your issues are one of needing further evidence, or interpretation of evidence, you may need to file a civil action to obtain discovery rights to information.

Your situation seems to be more one of compliance that interpretation of or need for more evidence, so yes, I would file a CFPB complaint.

Message 2 of 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: So Frustrating! Should I reach out to CFPB??

Thanks for your feedback. I'm going to do just that today because this is going absolutely no where.

Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.