Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

So I called Experian...

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

So I called Experian...

Hello,

I noticed that one of my TLs on my EX report didn't show a scheduled date of removal, or a DOFD/DOLA (I've posted about this a couple of times, but keeping having questions!).  The only date on the report was "Date Opened - 07/2002" 

I have an old EX report that does show an estimated date the TL will fall off, but none of the later ones.  Anyway, so I decide to call up and ask what they have (knowing the true DOFD is 08/2001).  The rep. I spoke with tells me that the DOFD is 07/2002 - same as "Date Opened..."  I asked if she was looking at the Date Opened and not a DOFD, she said no, and started giving me attitude saying the TL will fall off in '09 and so on.

How can she say that she sees the DOFD as 07/2002 if I can't see that on any of my reports, including the old 2006 report?  Does she see things I don't?

Seems like she wasn't really seeing a DOFD...only Date Opened.  Is that likely?

Thanks
Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
llecs
Moderator Emeritus

Re: So I called Experian...

IMO, don't put full faith behind what the reps say. Besides, assuming your DOFD is correct, how can the date opened be later than the DOFD? Unless it was re-aged.

I did have a couple accounts from the past few years loose the "drop off" date. I found that once it reached the 7 yr mark, it tends to convert to a good account and will continue to report for 3 more yrs. Does the account look bad (e.g. CO status, lates, etc.)?
Message 2 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi llecs,

Thanks for your response.  I believe the Date Opened is after the DOFD as this is a repurchased debt (State of CA purchased it from the original bank lender).  It is quite a strange situation.

The acct. is a negative on my EX report.  The rep. almost started getting defensive when I started asking.  I don't think she saw any dates other than the Date Opened and just went with that.

I disputed, asking for a DOFD and update on the scheduled date of removal. 

Message 3 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Can OP DV the CA and, once full validation is received, demand that the CRA reports it accurately or ITS?
Message 4 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Spouse has an account from a CA reporting similar on EX.

Is this account past SOL or paid?

If it is paid, I would file a written dispute sent CMRRR to EX and state that the account is reporting inaccurately.

Mention that this is a negative account and FCRA states that it must removed 7 years from date of first delinquency. Date open is not the same as date of first delinquency.

I want to say that I read somewhere(and I am pretty sure it was FCRA if I did) that the creditor reporting has only so many days to report DOFD after they report an account, but maybe I read this in a dream, b/c I am sure not finding it.
Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.