Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

So annoying *rant*

tag
Hokies2379
Established Contributor

So annoying *rant*

I'm sorry and I'm sure this has been stated before, but credit rebuilding has to be one of the most annoying things there possibly is.  Case in point. My wife was awesome enough to put me on as an AU on 2 of her new cards (she's a member here too.)  So today, they both hit 2 of my reports. 

On Experian, it increased my score by 14 pts!! YAY!!

On Equifax, it decreased my score by 4 points.  Boo!!

Seriously, I realize that during the re-building phase that I'm not supposed to worry about every little thing my scores do and I am doing the right things by contacting my CO's for PFD's etc. But it's still nice to see an increase every once in a while, especially since that's the whole point, right?  But I can't, for the life of me, understand why the exact same thing, at the exact same time gives me two totally different results. 

I'm sure someone will have a reason, but seriously, am I the only one that thinks it's just ridiculous? I can't be, right?

Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
RobertEG
Legendary Contributor

Re: So annoying *rant*

Each CRA commissions its own flavor of FICO algorithm from Fair Isaac.

They choose to place differetn weights on the same info, resulting in differing scoring impacts.

Message 2 of 2
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.